Need inexpensive tablet recommendations

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've been thinking about buying my 10 year old daughter a tablet for Christmas and was hoping for some recommendations. She already has an iPod touch and I have an iPad. So I really would like to find something under $100. I've been scrolling through the Black Friday sale papers and have found many options. The problem is there's too many options. I have no idea which are descent and which ones are junk. Any body have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I have seen a few el cheapo's that are just plain junk in my opinion that were under $100 but were bought a year or two ago. I would assume that any new one on the market today is better than either of those two? I wonder what the best one under $100 would be just for kicks. I think that Wal-Mart Galaxy refurb for 149 wouldnt be a bad choice or the Nexus 7 for 199/249.

If you don't mind getting a data plan for it you can get the galaxy tab 2 7.0 at Verizon for $99 today.

I personally don't think it's a great deal unless you don't mind the data plan.

Inexpensive, i'd go with the cheap Android tablets at Kmart, etc.

Cheapest quality tablet, I wouldn't get anything less than a Nexus 7 or a Kindle Fire HD. Perhaps one of the Nook family fits the bill too, but I'd probably skip them anyways.

If you shed the inexpensive title, then you'd be entering iPad Mini, refurb iPad 2/3, iPad 4 territory.

Thia is about the best I can do for suggesting a really cheap Tablet-

T8075.jpg

You do realize that you'll now be on the App Treadmill, don't you? ;)

I've heard really good things about the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7. Might check them both out. My wife has an iPad 3, but I wouldn't go to that expense for a kid. Now if he's fumble-fingered, I'd recommend an Etch-A-Sketch! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)