******Need LNB Bracket on a 6 foot Sat dish************

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpteich

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
La Paz BCS
I have a place in La Paz BCS and just aquired a used 6 foot round fiberglass dish. It has been in the harsh baja climate for some years. After getting it home, the plastic bracket that holds the LNB in the center of the dish broke. It is plastic and was brittle. The LNB was attached by three aluminum rods that were centered in the middle of the dish. The rods are 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Any recommendations on getting a new bracket?

I will be running Dish Network down there and any recommendations on an LNB would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Pete

I have a place in La Paz BCS and just aquired a used 6 foot round fiberglass dish. It has been in the harsh baja climate for some years. After getting it home, the plastic bracket that holds the LNB in the center of the dish broke. It is plastic and was brittle. The LNB was attached by three aluminum rods that were centered in the middle of the dish. The rods are 3/4 of an inch in diameter. Any recommendations on getting a new bracket?

I will be running Dish Network down there and any recommendations on an LNB would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Pete
Try reposting this in FTA forum. Maybe someone over there can suggest something that will work. Without a brand name or manufacturing info I would say you are SOL. Most fiberglass dishes are back yard creations with little technical support. Probably best to just look for another 2 meter dish.

Star Bracket may work to hold the LNBF - LNB Brackets & Clamps
Dish Network - any recommendations on an LNB
Why not try a regular DSS LNBF? they can be found for cheap.
Other than that the Invacom QPH-031 is circular and linear(FTA freq) and the circular is DSS freq.
Both will have a mis-match in the F/D ratio, but never know, unless you try.

Thanks for the information. Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I think the bracket you sent will work. The LNB I will need is just a basic one for Dish-network for like 20 bucks? Thanks again, Pete

The dish is in La Paz and I unfortunatly do not have pictures. I want to say the distance was equal around the dish. The guy I got it from said it worked well for Dish network. It looks like the mount that was forwarded will work. My only concern was for my LNB. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)