need PC software help

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
I need a software, like maybe yahoo messenger, which will allow me to send about a 50-80 meg file to and from a pc. I need to send our Co. Quickbook file via internet instead of burning dvd/cd's and mailing.
Can I use some facet of XP to do this? I have sent smaller files via yahoo messenger in the past but i am not sure if this size would be too big. It's too big to email as an attachment with the ISP's.

ty in advance.

Try Trillian for messenger if you want to do it that way.

You could also use some sort of FTP program to do it too.

Get a gmail account and use WinRAR (free) to break it up in 10 mb chunks. If you need Gmail 'invite' PM me.
WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files

Their is software that will use your gmail account as a remote hard drive that's kind of kool.
viksoe.dk - GMail Drive shell extension

or

ABYSS Web Server (Free)
Set your pc as a web server and browes to your IP from the remote computer.
ABYSS Web Server: Welcome

or

Use a premium usenet news provider and upload a password protected file to a
'test' group

Last edited:
hmmm

all the messengers have 100mb limit but
windows xp,98,2000,vista they all come with Netmeeting software which u get the ip of the person u want to send da file and install netmeeting which is already on your computer on both computers

click start menu run and put this in there and press enter to install netmeeting

C:\Program Files\NetMeeting\conf.exe

and the just put their ip in the lil box next to the phone and make the call n then use file sharing for unlimited and with resume support ....
oh n you can also do remote control with netmeeting its pretty cool n easy :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts