Need quick help before sale is over!

Comppguy123

Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
US
Alright now I have decided between a Plasma and an LCD, and I'm going with a Plasma. I have also narrowed it down to a Panasonic Viera.

Now I'm confused on some stuff. I went to circuitcity.com, and they have DOZENS of different "Panasonic Viera" tv sets. Their codes are different, but I have only seen people hype up and talk about the one with the code: TH-50PZ85U. There are so many different Viera's with different codes, how do I figure out which one I need. I know I want a Panasonic Viera 46"-52", but I thought all TV's that fell under one class (Viera's) had the same features?

LOOK HERE:

- Panasonic 50" VIERA Plasma HDTV

That is the kind of stuff that confuses me. It has the SAME EXACT name, but a little difference in code letters. So now I'm stuck and confused trying to figure out if one Viera has more features than the other, becuse I thought they were all equal for the most part... Do all Viera's have the same features for the most part?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
The differences are subtle, and possibly are just this years vs last years model. The Z85 has a higher contrast ratio, which means a bit deeper blacks. It would be barely noticable though. It also has a VGA input for connecting a computer.

Finally, the 80 has front aux inputs while the 85 has side mounted aux inputs. IMHO the side ones look cleaner, but the front ones are more convenient for connecting a camcorder or some other device.

Is the 85 worth $200 extra? Maybe if the VGA input is important. Otherwise, probably not.

The other sets are probably similar. You need to go down and look in the specs section to see the differences.

Vizio vs. Philips

ooooH ! Another ? A/V & Bluray combo's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)