Need some advice on PCI Sat tuner card

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerdei

Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Hi all,

I just joined. Stumbled upon this site doing some research.

I am setting up a system with a friend. I'm looking for a good PCI Sat tuner card that is HD capable. Currently we have a

Chaintech DST-100

and a

WinTv (not sure but the numbers read) Wintv NTSC/ NTSC-J
Hauppauge 26052 Rev C185
4304-7598734
Hanstar MV-4 94-V-0

I do not belive any of these are HD capable. I did see the ATI TV Wonder HD 650 PCI card and know that is HD capable as the name applies. Any sugestions on sweet HD Sat Tuner cards?

We are also looking at getting a top of the line Video card that supports a Dual HD output. One needs to be digital and support 1080i the other one does not need to be digital. I saw the Nvidia 8800 GTX Ultra 512MB PCIE card and I think that will suit our needs. Let me know what you guys think and any advice you have as I am computer literate but when it comes to using my PC for TV I'm a little lost.

Regards,

Jacob

W

You really need to be asking this in the FTA forums. Not likely to get an answer here, as this one is for the details of running the bbs.

At any rate, welcome to Satelliteguys. :welcome: I think you will find a wealth of info over in FTA, including the answer to your question.

The ATI HD 650 is only for OTA HD (ATSC), not satellite. There are a few PCI DVB cards out there, notably Twinhan, Hauppauge Nexus-S, and the DVB World USB box. All of these will do HD (and should do 4:2:2, with the appropriate CODECs). The TechnoTrend 3200 will do DVB-S2, which is soon to be a large plus.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts