Need some e-mail suggestions for this problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I use Microsoft Outlook on windows XP.

Here's the problem. I have a number of extremely lazy people with large staff that I need to send e-mail instructions. I say lazy because they all have these large staff of help yet they are too busy or too lazy to forward e-mail to their appropriate staff to take care of the specific requests, or maybe they just need to be in the loop, such as their supervisor or personal admin assistant and secretary etc.
What they have requested is a growing list of people I need to remember to CC the e-mails to and the list changes at times depending on the subject matter of the e-mail.

Is there a way that I can build a list of CC's when I need to send this primary person an e-mail?

An example is if I would need to send Scott an e-mail about something to do with prizes and he says from now on, send a CC to Prize Goddess. Then I may need to send an e-mail to him about a forum matter and he says from now on CC my moderator staff too and gives me 10 staff members' e-mail to CC.

So I ask you IT Geeks, can this be done in Microsoft Outlook?

As you may tell, I'm not too thrilled with having to do this as I can never remember who all each person needs me to include and exclude depending on the subject of the instruction. So there has to be a way to automate this as I too am pretty busy, You see, I work alone, have no staff and don't intent to have any especially for something like this. But I have to deal with large bloated companies too.

You could set up distribution lists from Outlook Contacts. It's work at the beginning to put them all into Contacts, but it will be easy to update, and easy to send the e-mails. I have one set up for my family to send pictures and e-mail. If you have lots of contacts already, I suggest numbering the distribution lists; e.g., #1, #1a, etc. That way the distribution lists will always be at the beginning of your contacts list, and you won't have to remember what you named a particular list or search for them.

you could try creating a rule that will cc to a list of names after sending to manager a, with topic x and another rule for manager b.

I assume this is personal outlook and you aren't using exchange or som other mail server that will give you other options such as server side rules.

It would be polite to have the addee appear to recipients as something like: Distro List and the actual addresses all put in the BCC field. That way, you are not spreading everyone's e-mail address around, and providing some limited help against spiders.

Would creating draft e-mails be an option? Then pull a copy of the draft, update the subj and body and send.

It works, but is easier to get out of sync.

We create a central e-mail directory in a common directory and then create group mail lists. When people change, we send out updated lists as a vcf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)