Need some help

benr

Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
ontario
Heres my situation,

I have a newer startchoice SAT (dual LNB) and an older receiver (DSR401) and I do not get all of my channels. The channels I do get have a good signal strength (around 74) but the ones i do not get have no signal strength (8). At first I thought one of the LNBs was not working and i was only picking up signal from one SAT (starchoice has 2, Anik F1 and F2, or SAT A and SAT B). But I did some reading and dioscovered I do get some channels form both. There is a similarity with the channels I do not get, and that is the Freq.Tp (not sure what that means). For example Freq.Tp: 11758 H tp 18 SR 19510 FEC 3/4 has TSN, MTV, Discovery, CTV news Net and a few more, which I get none of. But 11776 V tp 3 SR 19510 FEC 3/4, which has all the sports nets and court tv, I get all of them.
I am new to this, so any help will be great.

Star Choice on Anik F1R at 107.3°W - LyngSat
Star Choice on Anik F2 at 111.1°W - LyngSat

what LNB do you haveo you have the quad or the 2 beer cans?

Just taking a wild guess you have the wrong channel maps. The beer cans are stacked LNB's which takes the Horizontal transponders and makes them vertical and puts them at different frequencies. The quad is a non stacked

Depending on which LNB you have you will have to call starchoice and have them remap it to whatever type of LNB you have

here are some pics

1st one is the beer cans

2nd & 3rd is the quad (disregard the other LNB...that is one I had for 119 to get NASA TV)

Attachments

• beer_can_lnb.jpg
    beer_can_lnb.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IM000339.JPG
    IM000339.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IM000368.JPG
    IM000368.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 118
I have the beer can style . The reciever was used on a singe lnb (before now), which i have in front of me and it looks like the quad but with one white cap. So my reciever needs to be remapped??