need some info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I found some satellite dishes here in town first one is used by Edward Jones office and here is a second one from the old k mart. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_20150122_152552831.jpg
    IMG_20150122_152552831.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20150122_152604202_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150122_152604202_HDR.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 195
Your pics both look like the same dish, but not an Edward Jones dish. Those look like a metal dish.

Edward Jones dishes used to be the plastic 6 ft. offset Prodelin's. Very heavy dish. I have one myself. Very exceptional for use, and well worth acquiring.

Sorry I meant to say I just have pics of the k mart dish. Are they still using those dishes?

I went to their office the other day woman they are still using it I metion that you guys haven't used those dishes in years. She said to check back in she will have to talk to the tech guys about it. You said prime that dishes are heavy whats the weight on those? Are they good for c band?

They are good for c-band, but were used for ku. The dish and mount together is probably pushing 300lbs. When separated, one person can handle either, one at a time.

I'm using it for KU right now, but I recently bought a Titanium C2W-PLL from Hypermegasat on one of his sales, and intend on installing it. I might just aim it permanently at either 87w or 99w. I haven't decided which as of yet, as either are well worth a fixed dish.

99w would be better than 87w I thought I would get one I would aim at 103w c band and start building out from there.

I thought you were in an apartment, and couldn't have a large dish? A Prodelin 6 footer is huge with the mount. You aren't going to easily hide that next to a building, and you can't hold it up in a bucket...
That's the FTA Bug. After you are bitten, dishes become smaller and way better looking and your concern for what the neighbors think becomes relatively insignificant. The best thing about it is you don't want the cure ;)

I have a 1.2 Meter up right now on a 2" diameter pole it was just a thought prime. I would have find a way to add in 3.5 to bracket for that dish. I guess I got the fta bug. I have a friend that I want to go into fta business around here there is so many dishes.

A 3.5 inch pole is too small for those large Prodelins. You'll need at least a 5 inch pole, if it has the standard mount. I've seen some that require 7 inch poles.

The dish is mounted to the side of the building on a pole with a heat warmer on the back.

Hey prime here is pics of the prodlien dish.

Attachments

• IMG_20150124_172020982_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150124_172020982_HDR.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20150124_171957500.jpg
    IMG_20150124_171957500.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 167
Was the same one that you metion about the pole diameter have you seen a lot with heaters?

So do you think it would be a good deal if I got or should use t as a future business venture? In a previous thread it takes 5 inch pole does it look like its on a 5 inch pole?

It looks that big for sure. Same size as a Bird View takes? I have a BV motorized mount and always though it would be a good fit to motorize one of those big Prodelins.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts