Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
House cleaning.
If anyone has a use for an old Pansat 300A and a Sonicview SV-HD8000 for the cost of shipping to you, all you need to do is PM me you are interested. Did not put this in the classified because I'm not selling them.
You never know, they may be fun to just "play" with. Worked when removed from service a time or two ago.....
If not, just more stuff for the land fill.

I am thinking of doing this same thing with my assortment. What is the consensus? Good idea? Some heavy items...

+1 on what Ice said.
And as long as you have the time to spend on doing a good job of packing them up and taking them to the shipper. You should not pitch them in a box that rattles all the way to the buyer.

+1 on what Ice said.
And as long as you have the time to spend on doing a good job of packing them up and taking them to the shipper. You should not pitch them in a box that rattles all the way to the buyer.
You did a good job. I am just wondering though, as I played around with the sonic view 8000 hd, I started to google. results seemed pretty strange. I would have thought a dish network 500 or 1000 would be to small a dish for free to air satellite. But... to my surprise this box was used in combination to receive free hd channels. I didn't know that was possible. It makes sense the dish size being it was aimed at ds sats for free encrypted hd programming. But I assumed those were throw away dishes. Is this still an ongoing venture? HD channels in the clear? Would that work with my geosat pro 3500hd as well as the sonic veiw?

I am not totally sure of what you asked. Free HD is everywhere up there in space. As for aimed at sats for free encrypted HD programming, maybe yes. After all I purchased it from a bootlegger after Nag3 shut all that free stuff down. That is why he wanted to get rid of it. Could be some left over junk on the receiver. ??
Thanks on the package comment.

I am not totally sure of what you asked. Free HD is everywhere up there in space. As for aimed at sats for free encrypted HD programming, maybe yes. After all I purchased it from a bootlegger after Nag3 shut all that free stuff down. That is why he wanted to get rid of it. Could be some left over junk on the receiver. ??
Thanks on the package comment.
Not your receiver. I meant this model in general. And I was asking about what hd content was available. Sounds from your response that Nag3 eliminated the possibilities of HD being worth going after. All I found on your receiver was c-band stuff. I don't have that yet. But for a sec I got my hopes up on more "better" free content. (legal). My understanding is that Nag 1 Nag2 Nag3 and so forth are all pay tv. But by all means, as I want to know, are there or is there hd programing worth going after? Maybe I will ask to be more specific. What HD programming is there? Sats?

Nag3 or Nagravision3(spelling may be off)is a version of encryption or scrambling that keep you from watching things like Dish network channels. As for using that receiver you first have to find channels that are still using DVB-S and not what many or maybe most use today, DVB-S2. I really can't state which are in one or the other. Need some one here that is more advanced(knowledgeable)on the S or S2 subject.
As for a satellite for HD, 125, PBS. But may be S2 and not something that receiver will pick up. Again, we need some one that knows more......Where are FatAir and Magic Static when you need them?........:)
Check received, Thanks.

Last edited:
Not your receiver. I meant this model in general. And I was asking about what hd content was available. Sounds from your response that Nag3 eliminated the possibilities of HD being worth going after. All I found on your receiver was c-band stuff. I don't have that yet. But for a sec I got my hopes up on more "better" free content. (legal). My understanding is that Nag 1 Nag2 Nag3 and so forth are all pay tv. But by all means, as I want to know, are there or is there hd programing worth going after? Maybe I will ask to be more specific. What HD programming is there? Sats?
wont work with DVB-S2. There is a review from 2011 and it says
Right off the bat this receiver is not capable of showing DVB-S2 or 4:2:2 (audio only). As it is from the factory it has no 8psk support either. There is an after market card signal pirates like to use for 8psk but it is not supported by factory firmware.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/review-sonicview-sv-hd8000.171384/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts