Need the Following information From Voom Subs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Update.

Samsung DLP and today using the DVI. 720P

When I first got VOOM I could not watch the SD channels using DVI because of black bars at the top and bottom. Since I changed back to DVI today, SD is perfect and fills screen. Picture seems better than before and significantly better than it was on than it was a year ago.

Regarding the input. Not sure if it looks getter leaving the VOOM box at 1080i and letting the TV do the conversion or having the VOOM box do the conversion before passing on to the TV.

using component (the dvi from my stb looks horrible) with native 1080i.

Mosquito noise seems much worse and the picture alot softer since the upgrade. especially noticable for me on Equator.

Two sets:

1) 65" Mitsubishi RPTV, using DVI input, 1080i
2) 30" Sony HDTV TV (tube), using HDMI via adapter from DVI, 1080i

ravensong said:
especially noticable for me on Equator.
I am not sure what happened, but last night around 9:40 EST, it instantly looked better. Haven't checked this morning yet.

Sony GWIII via DVI-720p
JVC SX-21 via component (I hate HDCP!)-720p

Mosquito noise seems more apparant these days.

dankgus said:
I leave the Voom box on "Native" mode as I like to let the TV do a "WIDE ZOOM" on the SD 4:3 material. Im a "Screen filler" even though burn in isn't a big concern, it bugs me to think I may be burning in the 4:3 window.
How do you put the box in "Native" mode? I've looked at all the screens and can't find it. Mine may already be there as all of the SD shows up in 16:9, but I'd like to find a way to stretch the 4:3 stuff some of the local HD channels are showing.

sbh

My Sony LMD230WS LCD is incredibly unforgiving in regards to pixilation and compression and I can report all channels including SD show marked improvement. Interesting for me to toggle between HD-SDI (Final CutPro / Kona Card - 4:4:4 source) and HD component (Voom) - I see little difference viewing similar footage - amazing.

hats off.

Component <---looks better than DVI on my plasma HDTV
720p

I noticed more people are using 1080i why? or is it because there sets won't do the higher resolution 720p? Well anyway can't wait for better 1080p to come along.

spacecookie said:
Component <---looks better than DVI on my plasma HDTV
720p

I noticed more people are using 1080i why? or is it because there sets won't do the higher resolution 720p? Well anyway can't wait for better 1080p to come along.
Digital displays will do 1280 x 720p but are incapable of interlacing the higher resolution 1980 x 1080i.

spacecookie said:
I noticed more people are using 1080i why?
Usually a downrezzed signal will look better than a native signal, that's why the EDTV plasmas look so good.

I keep my stb's on 1080i feeding a 720p pj and it looks crisper and more detailed. Must be magic. ;)

1. DVI (in 1080i mode)
2. 768p native resolution (Sony GWIII)

spacecookie said:
I noticed more people are using 1080i why?
Because 1080i is the resolution of all VOOM HD channels. And if the native resolution of the TV set is different, many feel that it is better to let the TV set do the conversion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)