Need the Following information From Voom Subs

Voomer55 said:
Thanks smasuch. I wonder why it states that 1080i is supported?

1080i input is supported, then internally scaled down to 720p for display. Lots of info on your questions in the FAQ and help desk/installation forums, need to get this thread back on track.

Rob.

HDMI vDMI for me only has to do with audio input to the TV as all are coupled i.e. compnent has an audio; DVI has a stupid earphone like jack that goes with it so I need an RCA to this jack (3.5 mm or something) to hear sound on TV speakers. Gimmick or no HDMI would solve this on this otherwise fantastic Sharp LCD.

jwcool said:
HDMI vDMI for me only has to do with audio input to the TV as all are coupled i.e. compnent has an audio; DVI has a stupid earphone like jack that goes with it so I need an RCA to this jack (3.5 mm or something) to hear sound on TV speakers. Gimmick or no HDMI would solve this on this otherwise fantastic Sharp LCD.
Your original post only noted video, nothing about audio :rolleyes: . DVI has no audio specification, so its Sharp that decided to use a "stupid earphone like jack" for audio instead of the more popular RCA phono plug.

And now on to others more thankful and willing to learn...

1st box is connected to a Mitsubishi CRT RPTV 1080i over component
2nd box is connected to a TIVO at 480i

2 Boxes:
1st on my Advent 27" 4:3 using component. Box is set to 1080, TV is 1080 progressive scan.
2nd is connected to my Sanyo TruFlat 27" SD also trough Component. The box is set at 480i

One Box with three simultanous feeds:
Component - Mitsubishi 42313 CRT RPTV 1080i native (Living Room)
DVI - Dell 1700 LCD 1280x720 native (Kitchen)
Coax - 3 more tv's via whole house cable (Den, Bedroom, Basement)

Set 1: Optoma RD50
1- I'm using component - DVI reserved for HTPC output (Sage captures and DVDs)

2- 1920 x 780 native

Set 2: Sony 27" SDTV
1- component
2- standard SDTV CRT resolution

Sony 57" HDTV
Component Input (no DVI available)
1920x1080i

Also driving the S-video simultaneously to a Sage PVR.

Sharp 45" LCD

Panel accepts 1080p, but receiver box only takes 1080i and scales up :(

I use DVI and component, but right now my STB keeps complaining my TV isnt responding to DHCP requests. I don't know if it the STB, cable, or TV, but a replacement TV is on the way so I will wait until then to verify.

I was originally using DVI with the cable supplied by the voom installer, but after reading some of the posts in this newsgroup I decided to try the component to see if I could notice a difference for myself. I unplugged my DVD player and used those cables to make the connection, and noticed a definite improvement. I don’t know if that means that the DVI cable supplied is of poor quality or if the component is a better connection, but now I’m tempted to go out and pick up a second set of component cables.

I have a Toshiba 57H93, and luckily it has two set of high-definition component inputs, so I wont have to choose between voom or my DVD. I have the display format set to 1080i

Voom4Me said:
I was originally using DVI with the cable supplied by the voom installer, but after reading some of the posts in this newsgroup I decided to try the component to see if I could notice a difference for myself. I unplugged my DVD player and used those cables to make the connection, and noticed a definite improvement. I don’t know if that means that the DVI cable supplied is of poor quality or if the component is a better connection, but now I’m tempted to go out and pick up a second set of component cables.

I have a Toshiba 57H93, and luckily it has two set of high-definition component inputs, so I wont have to choose between voom or my DVD. I have the display format set to 1080i
Don't waste your money from My eyes there is very little to be gained, use cheapo cable's and you'll be just as happy.

kelljc said:
Don't waste your money from My eyes there is very little to be gained, use cheapo cable's and you'll be just as happy.

Thanks for the input, but I did notice something else. Since day one, every time I turned on my TV and then the voom box, the picture would come in and then almost immediately the picture would go away and the screen would flicker for about 15-20 seconds. I just assumed this was normal, but after trying the component connection, I noticed that the picture comes on immediately.

Would you know if this a problem with my TV, the voom box, or the DVI connection?

Voom4Me said:
Thanks for the input, but I did notice something else. Since day one, every time I turned on my TV and then the voom box, the picture would come in and then almost immediately the picture would go away and the screen would flicker for about 15-20 seconds. I just assumed this was normal, but after trying the component connection, I noticed that the picture comes on immediately.

Would you know if this a problem with my TV, the voom box, or the DVI connection?
Can't answer that question would never go to DVI Have 2 TV's and both don't work as well as Component: you guess is as good as mine. but: if you go VGA you'll see a big improvement, all LCD's and Plasmas work best under VGA, " computer type input. " but don't take what I say to the Bank Try all for your system. what work's best for one might not be the best for all. with HD.