GEOSATpro need to replace Geosat pro

egnard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2013
Michigan UP
My Geosat pro seems to have died after 1.5 years. Green light is always on but no output and unable to download files from pc. The won't turn off either.

I liked it when it worked, but I think it was rather unreliable. Without getting into the details of my many frustrations with this unit, could someone recommend something better?

I would like to have the same features, record to external hard drive, programmable recording, good picture quality, and able to drive the sg6100 for 39" dish on ku band.

And I don't mind spending more for something I won't have to constantly tinker with.

Thanks.

I would highly recommend an Amiko Mini HD SE. It replaced my MicroHD. I ordered mine from Titanium (who is a member here on SatGuys). KE4EST also sells them.

I have to agree the Amiko Mini HD SE is one of the best basic receivers I have used in a long time.

The A3 is an not just a satellite receiver, it is a full media center box running Android.

If you are looking for a good FTA box get the Mini, its your more techy and want to do other things get the A3.

Thank you all. I've been skimming the A3 owners thread. Since I only have ATT G4 @ 5 Gigs/ month I expect that is something I don't want. Also, it seems with this new technology (FTA combined with Android), it might better to wait a while for the bugs to get worked out, even if I wanted it.

I only have ku band but I love getting the PBS stations, OETA, LPB, and feeds, as well as, high school sports feeds. I cut my Dish Network cable 3 years ago because History and Discovery Channels, and similar stations started going headlong into reality TV crap. Lucky for me the previous owner installed a 30' antenna tower, but it still took 2 preamps in series to get the new, weak digital OTA signals (screw you, US Congress!), which still drop out sometimes (that's mostly crap programming, too).

I'll probably order the Mini HD today. Thanks again.

Reactions: N6BY and FTA4PA
I got the Amiko HD SE setup and online yesterday. The first thing was the remote batteries were dead. And the manual sucks, - no surprise there. But the graphics aren't even visible!

Anyway, I noticed the Closed Caption doesn't work. I've found some info. about that. Does anybody know whether a firmware upgrade might fix this in the future? My hearing isn't bad but I often use it for the PBS, BBC programs due to the accents.

I am also not sure if I need a firmware upgrade (has 2.0.38). Is there a good website to find this out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)