Needs some help Panasonic Rear Projection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wellze

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
I have a Panasonic PT-53WX53 HD set. I wanted to find out if anyone has ever taken a set like this apart. I want to move it and it would make it a lot easier if the top shell like pieces were taken off the main base. The way it looks is all the electronic are in the bottom base section. I don't see that I need to touch any electrical. Can this be done without fing the set up.

Well I would have guessed some of you guys would have taken apart a rear projection HDTV. I made a couple calls to some service shops , they say it can be done. Most of the the upper stuff needs to come of in order to remove the protective screen. So I would have though at least someone would have tried to remove that. I was only looking for any bumps in the road when I do this. I plan to do it over the weekend. I will pass along anything that I run into.

from what it looks like inside the back panel, all the optics is contained in the bottom, I would for sure not touch any of that stuff.

It can be done pretty easy.

Well I took my set apart the past weekend and it was real easy. There wasn't any issues what so ever. It maybe took me a half hour to take it apart and an other half to put it back together. If you ever get into a bind and need to move your large rear projection it can be done and it makes it real easy to move with only two people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)