Nesn HD and other RSN Info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
raoul5788 said:
I wanted to wait for the new Slimline dish myself, thinking the AT9 was too big and ugly, but it's not THAT much bigger than a P3 dish.

Well I don/t want that thing on my house & I guess a pole mount for me would be more trouble than it/s worth. I guess good things come to those who wait. I've been waiting for more HD, so waiting for the slimline should not be that much harder.

Beavis said:
I agree. If I worked for NESN, or any other RSN, I would never guarantee anything. I don't think the channels will be in the 90 range. Just to clarify, ALL HD RSN's will be mpeg 4 & spotbeamed. I wish they'd all be CONUS for us EI subscribers, but oh well. Seeing the Rangers and the Astros in HD.......

......will still suck.

That all depends on who they play !!!!

Sorry Bevis,

I couldn't resist

Jimbo

lovswr said:
Well I don/t want that thing on my house & I guess a pole mount for me would be more trouble than it/s worth. I guess good things come to those who wait. I've been waiting for more HD, so waiting for the slimline should not be that much harder.

That THING? It's not like it's a c band dish. IT'S NOT THAT BIG!!! I installed mine myself. The pole was $35 and the concrete $7. It really was easy.

lovswr said:
U say Tomahto & I say Tomayto (good thing Dan Quayle is not around:))

Well I had a 10' C- band, I can guarentee that it's NOT as big as you all think.

If I recall correctly from memory, it is 25"x29" vs the 3 LNB that is approx. 18"x 20".
Have you installed your dishes up to now ?
If so, you should not find that much difference till you get to fine tuneing the 2 new sats.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
That all depends on who they play !!!!

Sorry Bevis,

I couldn't resist

Jimbo

LOL.. True....but since OK has no pro baseball teams it's all about those two. Course, I am a Cubs fan... I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Beavis said:
LOL.. True....but since OK has no pro baseball teams it's all about those two. Course, I am a Cubs fan... I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Yes,
But at least Cub fans are true die hards !!!!

Jimbo

Beavis said:
I agree. If I worked for NESN, or any other RSN, I would never guarantee anything. I don't think the channels will be in the 90 range. Just to clarify, ALL HD RSN's will be mpeg 4 & spotbeamed. I wish they'd all be CONUS for us EI subscribers, but oh well. Seeing the Rangers and the Astros in HD.......

......will still suck.

They will not be spot beamed. But you will need the H20 and the AT9.That is the info I could get out of someone I trust.

Hart5150 said:
They will not be spot beamed. But you will need the H20 and the AT9.That is the info I could get out of someone I trust.

Well it seems the nesn manager was right. I'm afraid all the rsn info could be poppycock.

Just curious as to whether ANYONE was able to view the Rockies-Mariners game in HD last night? I live in the Seattle dma & the game was blacked out for me--"Program not available in your area..." on screen.
Last year there were several Mariner games in HD on FSNHD/D*; to date this year--0, none, nada...

But you have to like watching NESN in SD like I do, with all their HD promo in ads and banner graphics, right? Comcast, Time Warner, Aldelphia, Cox, etc etc etc all have us in HD! Yay HD!

Proc said:
They are saying over at AVS forum that Fox Sports Detroit will be HD by mid-month and that D* is going to carry it. Whoo Hoo!!! Tigers and Wings in HD!!! http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=453486&page=48&pp=50 starting with post #2367

I'll be happy when it happens, this is the 1st I've heard of a date for FSND never brought it up, figured it would go on when the rest do.
I have never seen anything on the web site about it either.

In case you missed it :

THe Captian retired today .....

It's now a sad day.

Thanks for the memories :up

One of the classiest guys there is !!!
I've been watching him since '83
and NOW they talk about getting HD .....sheeesh

Jimbo

Just to let everyone know in Atlanta our RSN TunerSouthHD is on Channel 96 right now live showing the Braves game!!!! PQ is just like OTA! AMAZING!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)