NESN

Greycat

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Been away for a while but does anybody know what happend to NESN. The guides don't even list it anymore. I am in Montana.
Greycat

Still no definitive answer since that thread that I know of. It is available for actual NESN subscribers in the DMA but seems to be missing from the national sports pack.

Still no definitive answer since that thread that I know of. It is available for actual NESN subscribers in the DMA but seems to be missing from the national sports pack.
Thanks. I have been getting NESN for a year or so and have been able to watch some late inning Red Sox games after the scambling hours ended. But now the channel is gone and perhaps it should be gone. Living in Montana, I would not be eligible for NESN as a regional network and NESN is not in the Multi-Sports Pack (I just checked). I don't know why I was getting NESN (unless it was in the Sports Pack at one point) or it could have been a programming error on the part of dish. Anyway, thanks for all your help.

What I find interesting is that NESN still says on their website that they are available nationally on Dish on 434. But as I said on the other thread, it has not been listed in multi-sport for a while.

NESN National

Thanks. I have been getting NESN for a year or so and have been able to watch some late inning Red Sox games after the scambling hours ended. But now the channel is gone and perhaps it should be gone. Living in Montana, I would not be eligible for NESN as a regional network and NESN is not in the Multi-Sports Pack (I just checked). I don't know why I was getting NESN (unless it was in the Sports Pack at one point) or it could have been a programming error on the part of dish. Anyway, thanks for all your help.

It was always in the Sports Pack, and like the other RSN's you could not watch Pro games - but could sometimes watch the end of them if it ran over the blackout period. You can also watch other RSN programming. NESN missing from that add on now is a mystery.

Reactions: pattykay
I was thinking that it went to a spotbeam, but the last post disproved that theory. My next question is whether it changed satellites on the EA and WA? Perhaps people who lost it aren't aiming at a potential new satellite from where it moved?

I was thinking that it went to a spotbeam, but the last post disproved that theory. My next question is whether it changed satellites on the EA and WA? Perhaps people who lost it aren't aiming at a potential new satellite from where it moved?
It is on 72.7 on EA and 110 WA. There would be few people not aimed at one or the other. It was a logical thought though! :)

MASN seems to be the same way. I used to have it in the Sports Pack but not anymore, and NESN is gone for me too since the fall. I've had Dish since 2003 so I don't think it's a grandfathered thing.

MASN seems to be the same way. I used to have it in the Sports Pack but not anymore, and NESN is gone for me too since the fall. I've had Dish since 2003 so I don't think it's a grandfathered thing.
Did you recently make any programming changes, like remove or add the Sports Pack.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)