Netflix App Now Compatible with iPhone, iTouch

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Netflix adds iPhone and iPod touch compatibility in latest app version August 26, 2010 04:48 by Vlad Savov We knew this was coming and here it is: the Netflix application, heretofore reserved only for iPad users, has trickled down to iPhone and iPod touch devices. Version 1.1.0 makes the TV show and movie streaming app universal -- so long as your universe is known as iOS -- and looks to massively expand the available audience for Netflix's mobile effort. What are you waiting for, go get it already. [Thanks, Michael A.] Source: iTunes

Very cool. Works similar to the iPad app.

I tried this yesterday and it looks good. This app seems much more responsive than the iPad app (which I think is pretty close to an epic fail- might as well use safari and the netflix website).

I want this app on my Droid X. As for iTouch I installed earlier in the week on my 2Gen 8GB iTouch. The app like many are auto killing with iOS4 on it. Since I have had it for almost two years it time to look for a new one. I like the new one that is mostly the iPhone4 with no cell or gps in it. But I would really like it on my Droid X because of screen size.

I tried this yesterday and it looks good. This app seems much more responsive than the iPad app (which I think is pretty close to an epic fail- might as well use safari and the netflix website).

Really? My wife says the iPad app works just as well as the Xbox live version and the version on our LG and Insignia Blu-ray players.

Really? My wife says the iPad app works just as well as the Xbox live version and the version on our LG and Insignia Blu-ray players.

Maybe they've since updated the interface; but in my past experience (I probably haven't tried it in a month or so), it was miserable to use. Very slow and unresponsive. Watching video was fine, but getting to the point where you have the video selected was a tremendous hassel. I wouldn't describe it as anything like the Xbox Live interface.

Too bad Netflix online library sucks. Tried it free for a month and there were only a handful of movies to pick and only a couple I would even want to watch. Wake me up when their online movie library expands by hundreds of times more.

Also, I no interest in watching a movie on a little phone screen.

Too bad Netflix online library sucks. Tried it free for a month and there were only a handful of movies to pick and only a couple I would even want to watch. Wake me up when their online movie library expands by hundreds of times more.

Also, I no interest in watching a movie on a little phone screen.

?? when did you see their online selection? Darn, I easily have 60+ movies in my instant queue at any time and they are all well known titles that had good theatrical runs. I am not even counting the, what I consider, vast selection of kids shows and cartoons.

My in-Laws have Netflix, but use it the old-fashioned way. Is Netflix streaming automatically enabled on a normal DVD-by-mail account? Also, what's to prevent one from "piggy-backing" (a.k.a., account stacking) using their streaming account in multiple locations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts