Netflix comes to the Hopper with Sling

I'm guessing...guessing is a keyword here... The joey will have the Netflix app within 3 months. My question is, will the streaming be as a client from the hopper, or will it be an app based from the Joey itself. Any takers on guesses, and reasoning?

Since it will require a newer Hopper (w/ Sling vs the original Hopper), it seems as though it will have to go "through" the Hopper -- and not just from the aspect of internet access. Sounds like the Hopper will stream it to the Joey. Just a wild-a** guess, of course.

Now, will you be able to stream different sessions from each Hopper or Joey in the house ? Will it count against the number of allowable devices for streaming (from Netflix's end) ?

Not a chance, even if it had the memory, CPU and signatures of approval from all twelve apostles. The ViP922 is the bastard stepchild who will only get fewer abilities in the future, not more.

Reactions: ChadT41
I thought about getting Netflix. I'm too cheap, but want to watch orange is the new black. My next frivolous purchase, is going to be a pub membership, and then I have to listen to the gf complain until I do something else that she considers dumb. The happy life!!!

I'm a little late to the party I just noticed Netflix yesterday lol. Its nice to have it on the hopper not sure how much I will use it thou since I have a blu ray player and roku hooked up with Netflix. I wish apps like Pandora and Netflix would go thru to the Joeys that would be great for me.

I'm a little late to the party I just noticed Netflix yesterday lol. Its nice to have it on the hopper not sure how much I will use it thou since I have a blu ray player and roku hooked up with Netflix. I wish apps like Pandora and Netflix would go thru to the Joeys that would be great for me.

The Pandora app is on the Joey. Some have an issue with the pandora app resetting the Joey after playing about 45 minutes but is does work nicely. Netflix is supposed to be coming to the Joeys at some point.

The price for existing subscribers has not increased for Netflix and won't for 2yrs from the date of the increase so I'd say it's unlikely anyone unsubscribed over that. Even at the new price Netflix is still a bargain imo.

Dan

The price for existing subscribers has not increased for Netflix and won't for 2yrs from the date of the increase so I'd say it's unlikely anyone unsubscribed over that. Even at the new price Netflix is still a bargain imo.

Dan
I think the lack of projected growth probably stemmed from the summer months and lack of any new original programming. I predict that the 4Q numbers will increase, and especially in 1Q 2015 when House of Cards returns for S3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts