Netflix Intermittant On H3

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
The Netflix app on my H3 has become hit or miss not working lately. Most of the time when I launch it it hangs on the Netflix screen with the spinning circle. Works fine on my two Joeys. H3 is on U336.

There are a lot of bugs with the Netflix app. I'm getting the "pink screen of death" when starting the app, which is a HDMI handshaking problem.

I'm also getting the "amnesia" problem where the H3 or Joey's keep forgetting the password.

I would not assume that the DIRT team has the time to read all of these posts, or that the posts here constitute a "formal" bug submission. At least that's been my impression working with them on an issue.

It would make it easier for the DIRT team to track bugs and justify code fixes if everyone with a Netflix bug started a private conversation with one of the DIRT team and explained what they are seeing.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth...

1080 or 2160 TVs? My 1080 TV works great. I just got a 4K TV ... Netflix is acting up. Just curious what folks are running.

My Netflix on the H3 keeps doing the password thing. It is a royal PITA to deal with it, so I don't. I just use my FireTV box instead, and gain DD+ audio that Dish's Netflix doesn't do at all, not to mention that even DD5.1 seems to be hit or miss more often than not these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something in 332, which I still have, is causing the amnesia problem. Except for that all is fine.

Added: Just started app with no problem. Curious.

Last edited:
I did a test last night, Netflicks worked fine on Fire Tv and Vizio Smartcast. Using Dish it froze at 99% loading, after many tries I repaired the ap and it still froze, I could not shut down H3 U334, and I was going to bed so didn't reboot. This morning H3 was off and all is well now. I won't be re-testing today do to snow removal duties.
Dan

Reactions: stimpson
hey guys, hate to sidetrack but have a subscription question. H3 with 2 joeys, are those considered 1 viewing location or 3 ??
i don't have a 4k tv, so not sure what subscription option to sign up for.
Thanks much !!

hey guys, hate to sidetrack but have a subscription question. H3 with 2 joeys, are those considered 1 viewing location or 3 ??
i don't have a 4k tv, so not sure what subscription option to sign up for.
Thanks much !!
It's streams ,not locations
The $9.99 plan is 2 Simultaneous streams max.
The $11.99 plan is 4 Simultaneous streams and 4K Internet permitting.

so if the h3 was watching 1 netflix thing, and a joey was watching something else on netflix, that would be 2 streams ?? got ya.
2 people in the house, the 9.99 should be ok ?? thanks !!

Reactions: Troch77
so if the h3 was watching 1 netflix thing, and a joey was watching something else on netflix, that would be 2 streams ?? got ya.
2 people in the house, the 9.99 should be ok ?? thanks !!
Unless you need 4K/UHD. That's only available on the $12 plan

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)