Netflix is Down!!

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
This is a 1st. netflix.PNG

Yep. Cnet reported it about an hour ago.
I was going to do some serious Netflix tonight:(

Nah, the only way I could of had anything to do with it is if I were in the same room with the servers and accidentally spilled my alcoholic beverage on it. Surely Bob the physic could of seen this coming & at least have given us a heads up.............:cool:

i just got an email with a link to click to get a 3% off 7.99 (monthly streaming only fee) credit to my account. now .. the only question is ... what to do with that extra 0.24 cents .. ?

It's not ready for "prime-time". I get a LOT of pauses from various Netflix streams. So, it's not a big plus to have streaming.

johnnynobody said:
It's not ready for "prime-time". I get a LOT of pauses from various Netflix streams. So, it's not a big plus to have streaming.

I'd double check your Internet bandwidth if that is the case. Streaming works great here with only the occasional hiccup. I still like the bluray experience, but if I ever needed to save money, streaming only would be a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'd double check your Internet bandwidth if that is the case. Streaming works great here with only the occasional hiccup. I still like the bluray experience, but if I ever needed to save money, streaming only would be a great option.

I conducted a speed test from various sites every time this happens and have a 9.9 Mbps d/l. Up is about 709 Kbps.

I, too, have very few problems streaming Netflix. I have a 20MB connection and I stream via my Samsung C6500, my son's X-Box 360, and our Wii. My son does a lot of streaming on his X-Box and never seems to have any problems.

Ghpr13:)

You can have an infinite speed connection and still have problems streaming. A lot depends on how good the Netflix backbone connection to your ISP is. If the connection is overloaded you will suffer even if your home connection is sitting idle.

http://techblog.netflix.com/2011/01/netflix-performance-on-top-isp-networks.html

The problem only happens after 1800 MT. Right now I'm watching 24 Season 3 and I'm getting an enormous amount of pauses. I'm on CenturyLink (formally Embarq). I guess I'll go back to DVD's only because this really sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts