Netflix not working on Hopper 3 - ongoing 8 month old issue

I tried this experiment back when I had the Hopper with Sling (same problems) and it did not help, I ran a separate router with an ethernet cable from the main router, and then fed the HWS with ethernet from that router, no change. I have the current Hopper 3 on its own ethernet connection from my current Nighthawk router and all Dish equipment has their own DHCP reservations so that DHCP is not a factor either. I think the app just sucks on Hopper, it is way behind the Roku app as far as functionality, and visually looks older.
Yeah that's just busy work. Even if it worked, would then having to buy a second router or pull ethernet be a requirement of a Dish install? They say you can have it without those limitations and it should just work without tricks.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: olds403
I've been having an intermittent issue with Netflix that I first reported on the official Dish forum more than 8 months ago. My Netflix locks up at the startup splash screen and I can hear dialog from the last show I was watching. I have to pull the plug and reboot several times to get it working again. Of course that means whatever I am recording will have several 5 minute breaks.

A Dish member posted back in April that "this issue has been reported to our Engineering Team. Once a resolution has been reached, they will release the fix in a nightly update. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame of when this will be resolved. At this time, the work around that we have is to reset Netflix back to its default setting, then reset the Hopper by unplugging it for 10 seconds from the electrical outlet then plugging it back, and then to reset all remaining Joeys by also unplugging for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in."

Now it's 4 months later and the issue still isn't fixed. Netflix is almost unusable under these conditions. Last night I had to go through the reboot process 4 times to watch a Netflix program.
If you have a Smart TV, watch Netflix on that, or like Cyberspock suggested get a ROKU. Both are less tedious/troublesome than what Dish has to offer with its app.

I think people have been using the presence (or absence) of Netflix, Prime Video, and maybe others such as Home Media, like they do a checkbox. Does the Hopper have it? Go with Dish. Does it lack these streaming standards? Maybe people think longer and harder before going with Dish.

I know my wife was using Netflix on the H3 a TON until somebody broke it. Then, before Dish fixed it, she went over to a FireTV Stick and never came back! Same with my daughter, but in her case it was YouTube. I'm the only one using the H3 or either of our 2 Joeys. :( I didn't help the Dish receiver situation with my purchase of two 4K Roku TV's.

I've been having an intermittent issue with Netflix that I first reported on the official Dish forum more than 8 months ago. My Netflix locks up at the startup splash screen and I can hear dialog from the last show I was watching. I have to pull the plug and reboot several times to get it working again. Of course that means whatever I am recording will have several 5 minute breaks.

A Dish member posted back in April that "this issue has been reported to our Engineering Team. Once a resolution has been reached, they will release the fix in a nightly update. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame of when this will be resolved. At this time, the work around that we have is to reset Netflix back to its default setting, then reset the Hopper by unplugging it for 10 seconds from the electrical outlet then plugging it back, and then to reset all remaining Joeys by also unplugging for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in."

Now it's 4 months later and the issue still isn't fixed. Netflix is almost unusable under these conditions. Last night I had to go through the reboot process 4 times to watch a Netflix program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts