Netflix on 360

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Would love to hear others impressions.

Having only had a few minutes to mess with it, my wife's comment as she woke up kinda summed things up as I was watching the opening scene to the first episode of Heroes... "when did you buy that on Blu-Ray?"

I then realized I wasn't sure if it was HD or not, and that I couldn't find anything that distinguished any HD programs from any regular ones on the Netflix site. Only had a few minutes to mess with it having newly subbed to Netflix and updating my 360 this morning. I know HD is coming, but I'm not sure if this was it, or just a really good quality stream with a bland scene on a nice TV.

I do know one thing, this service rocks, as long as the selection is properly maintained.

WTG MS and Netflix, this will be a home run of a feature.

Looks like they have an HD genre dropdown in the Watch Instantly section. Heroes was not in HD, but they have 30 Rock and Friday Night Lights, both shows I wanted to try out. The Office and a bunch of other stuff also available in HD. Just added another 30 items to my Watch Instantly queue, can't wait to get home!

I keep trying to activate my Netflix account and keep getting

Code Invalid
The code you entered did not work. Please go to your TV and get a new code.

I keep doing that but with no success. And I am sure I am entering the correct code exactly as shown on the TV.

Ive had nothing but trouble with this new NXE. First thing this morning powered it up downloaded the new update BOOM red ring of friggen death, Took off the hard drive then it worked so dont know whats up with that...Netflix activation things are down due to VERY HIGH CUSTOMER ACTIVATIONS lol... So hopefully by the time i get home from work this evening evrything will be running a lil smoother.

Ive had nothing but trouble with this new NXE. First thing this morning powered it up downloaded the new update BOOM red ring of friggen death, Took off the hard drive then it worked so dont know whats up with that...Netflix activation things are down due to VERY HIGH CUSTOMER ACTIVATIONS lol... So hopefully by the time i get home from work this evening evrything will be running a lil smoother.
I'd wait 24 hours. Let the system cool down.

I wish they would put something on the activation page to let folks know that there is an issue. I was thinking the problem was that my Netflix account uses a different email address then the XBOX Live account uses.

I keep trying to activate my Netflix account and keep getting

I keep doing that but with no success. And I am sure I am entering the correct code exactly as shown on the TV.
I had the same issue this morning. I tried within the last hr and was able to activate both of my 360s.

I wish they would put something on the activation page to let folks know that there is an issue. I was thinking the problem was that my Netflix account uses a different email address then the XBOX Live account uses.

That shouldn't be an issue. I was able to activate my son's 360. He has his own Live account. I just entered both 360 codes into my Netflix account and can see the movies I add to my queue on both 360s.

So very lame. Sony has made Netflix not allow Xbox users to stream Columbia House movies (Sony owns that studio) to the Xbox 360. Works on all PCs and all other Netflix compatible STBs other than the Xbox.

It *is lame. I've never really liked Sony. Only Sony product in my house is a PS3. If M$ ever comes out with a Blue Ray player, PS3 will be history in our house.
So far, the streaming quality is very good. Looks like Netflix already has a 360 update. Most likely to resolve issues from this morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts