Netflix on 360

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not convince that the problem has been fixed, my video quality is still only at two. Even more frustrating it the wait for HD to become available on the Roku player. I love how the first streaming to TV device is the last one to get HD support. Way to hose early adapters Netflix.
One of my co-workers mentioned that they got a 360 because of the Netflix streaming support. In my mind, that's one of the LAST reasons you should get a 360. Not that it's not a wanted feature, but if all you want is Netflix streaming, a $99 Roku seems like a smarter investment than a $200+ 360 and Gold membership.

At this point, that's the equivalent of buying a PS3 for Blu-Ray. Many are looking for a reason to buy these consoles, and are just waiting for the best excuse to justify it.

I totally agree. The "value added" aspects are very important marketing gimmick to get a casual gamer to jump in. I'm 40 and never owned a game console (or even played computer games) but bought the 40 GB PS3 last year for BD, figuring I would maybe rent once in a wile or get my fill playing the free demos. Nope! Now I own about 8 games and all I ask for B-day and X-mas presents are games!

I bought a 360 for my son and I for Christmas. Why did I buy it for me? I still have plenty of entertainment value in the 3 XBox's I have and PC games since I don't game much but I also wanted to play a few new games and of course Netflix streaming. The kids love it for gaming and watching movies too. Win win situation for us.

Only thing that annoys me now is, I was used to watching a show on the Dish722 in the living room, then hitting pause, shutting down the living room TV, jumping in the bed, and turning on the bedroom TV to finish watching the show. Can't do that with the 360. :(

Tivo HD/S3's now can stream netflix HD. The interface isn't as slick as 360's, but it fits the tivo. Almost time to retire my roku box since they haven't dont squat with it since they released it and no HD yet.

Posted this in the other thread, but more relevant here.

Sony said they have no plans to support Netflix on PS3, they're focusing on their downloadable video offerings (big surprise... $$$).

I suspect this makes the guys at PlayOn quite happy.

Hey, Sony Fanboys, how you like MS now?

I hear they sold three times as many XBox360s on Black Friday vs. PS3. We get Gears of War 2, Fable 2, etc....They get... Little Big Planet.

Enjoy watching those BluRays boys... not much else to do....

OK, sorry, I heard a Sony fanboy gloating about the death of HD DVD the other day and it made me want to smack them back down a little bit....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)