Netflix on 360

Fired up the NetFlix streaming yesterday. Very cool! Didn't have any issues watching an HD movie at full quality. I'm on the standard Cox tier, I could see the bandwidth via SNMP was pulling right at 1 megabyte a second....and that's megabyte, not megabit.

Yesterday I was trying to view an HD movie on it and it kept bombing out. It'd play for a few seconds and then freeze and I'd have to manually reboot the system. I'm glad it didn't RRoD the damn thing. I ended up streaming it later on my computer instead.

alright I am giving it a try.......only problem is I only get two bars on the video quality meter, and I have 6 meg dsl from att, any suggestions?

I tested it on a slow DSL connection with regular DVD material and got 1-2 bars. And that was on a 1.5mbs line...but with the PPPOE overhead garbage it comes to 1200-1300kbps.

Was this with HD material or DVD material?

Are you using a Roku box to do it? I stream from Netflix straight to my360 with out problems. 10 meg cable.

Using a 360 here. Like I say it's been great. Signed up the $9 a month account...can't beat that having unlimited streaming with 1 DVD out. They have a distribution center in my city so the DVD's get here quick. I wish the streaming had a bit more titles but I can find plenty to watch. Actually too much to watch between Netflix and the Dish HD package.

I have never had problems, I just two bars on the video quality.. what are your guys bars like in that area?

I get 4 bars on HD material and 4 on other material. On the HD material I can watch my bandwidth usage from the router via SNMP and see it streaming along between 900 kilobytes to 1000 kilobytes a second usually. I haven't looked for regular DVD material. Cox says we only have 8 megabits on my price tier but it's hard to tell since they have Powerboost which inflates the speed tests to 20 megabits sometimes but I've had no issues pulling 10 megabits at long periods in the evening.

With 6 megabit DSL I would think you should get 4 bars on regular DVD material.

roku was having issues.. I have 6 meg dsl and get 4 bars often.. every once in a while I get 2 bars.. which I assume it netflix not me.. :p

HD plays for a bit then pauses and degrades a little :(

watched dan in real life tonight good movie, but got 4 bars on the video quality so I am thinking something was going on with netflix the day we watched the office

I'm not convince that the problem has been fixed, my video quality is still only at two. Even more frustrating it the wait for HD to become available on the Roku player. I love how the first streaming to TV device is the last one to get HD support. Way to hose early adapters Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)