Netflix to Begin Cracking Down on Password Sharing

Try finding a 28" 1080P smart TV.
I tried finding a 24" non-smart TV for my kitchen recently. I couldn't find any that worked well with HDMI-CEC. I ended up with a 1080p Vizio. I probably should have just gotten a computer monitor as the only audio solution I could find that worked well with my AppleTV and the Vizio was a pair of Home Pod Minis.

Reactions: NYDutch

One of Netflix's most controversial updates might not end up happening. On Friday, a report from The Streamable indicated that Netflix has walked back the specifics of its upcoming measures to combat password sharing, removing the info from their official website as of Wednesday, February 1st. The info detailed new rules that would block devices used outside of the home of the primary Netflix user, unless they verify their access on a monthly basis. The proposal was met with nearly-universal disapproval from subscribers, many of whom outlined multiple living situations in which this new policy would not be feasible. According to a statement from a Netflix spokesperson, these new rules are only in place in certain countries, and any potential changes would be communicated to subscribers before they actually occur.

"For a brief time yesterday, a help center article containing information that is only applicable to Chile, Costa Rica, and Peru, went live in other countries," the spokesperson explained "We have since updated it."

So, was this Netflix Password share ending leaked intentionally by Netflix to " See how those in the USA responded ?"
Now that they saw a (although very small amount) of those did respond (not liking in most cases) they have decided to draw it back in and re evaluate ????

Or will the same (maybe slightly altered) rules come out in another 6 months, instead of March.

Reactions: FTA4PA
So, was this Netflix Password share ending leaked intentionally by Netflix to " See how those in the USA responded ?"
Now that they saw a (although very small amount) of those did respond (not liking in most cases) they have decided to draw it back in and re evaluate ????

Or will the same (maybe slightly altered) rules come out in another 6 months, instead of March.
Both, I think. A trial balloon that was shot down to be followed up by something milder.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell

If this is what's implemented in the US will be happy to just add mom for less than $6/mo.
Still don't like it, they have raised prices so much that its just about not worth it ....
$20 a month is ridiculous , it use to be like $7.

They will give the typical excuse, we are raising prices so they can continue to bring in Top Movies and thier own productions as well ....

Horse Hockey ....

Still don't like it, they have raised prices so much that its just about not worth it ....
$20 a month is ridiculous , it use to be like $7.

They will give the typical excuse, we are raising prices so they can continue to bring in Top Movies and thier own productions as well ....

Horse Hockey ....
Has not been $7 in forever, I remember when DirecTV was like $50, now look at it, same answer for Dish and Comcast .

Netflix is still the best amongst all the Streaming Services, when most of them adds a couple of hours of new shows, Netflix adds about 30-up hours a week, a lot of it in 4K which Traditional Live TV barely has.

You may not like everything they add, but Traditional TV has a bunch of content I do not wish to watch, same for streaming services.

Has not been $7 in forever, I remember when DirecTV was like $50, now look at it, same answer for Dish and Comcast .

Netflix is still the best amongst all the Streaming Services, when most of them adds a couple of hours of new shows, Netflix adds about 30-up hours a week, a lot of it in 4K which Traditional Live TV barely has.

You may not like everything they add, but Traditional TV has a bunch of content I do not wish to watch, same for streaming services.
So, seeing you jumped in to tell me I was wrong Again ...

You Must LIKE it when all these Streaming companies Raise thier prices when ever they want .

At least with D* it was ONCE a year. (and STILL is )

Why is it one persons Opinion is always correct while another persons Opinion is Not ?
I always thought that Opinions were allowed and kinda the way a person felt about something .... not right and wrong.

So, seeing you jumped in to tell me I was wrong Again ...

You Must LIKE it when all these Streaming companies Raise thier prices when ever they want .

At least with D* it was ONCE a year. (and STILL is )
Did not say you were wrong, I gave my opinion that it is worth it, that is still allowed on this site I believe.

Reactions: djont57 and meStevo
If that's what you got out of his post maybe you should read it again, lol.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
Starting to believe that some are blaming me for this switch over to streaming.

Getting real tired of their misplaced anger and attacking me over it.

If that's what you got out of his post maybe you should read it again, lol.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
I said I didn't like the pricing going up all the time, when ever they like ....
Someone jumped in to tell me it hasn't gone up .

I use to get it for $7 ... does it have all that much more now, now that its $20 ...
You all must Like price increases, ya all seem to just accept them, say bring them on.
Starting to believe that some are blaming me for this switch over to streaming.

Getting real tired of their misplaced anger and attacking me over it.
I agree ... Me too

Why is it, where ever I post something in ANY thread, you refute it right away ?

At least when you post something I agree with I don't find something wrong with it, to spite you.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Tony and meStevo
BROTHERS!

Let us chill, and extend the hand of friendship and fellowship to all.

Mayhaps we can let go of certain perceived slights, and renew our common bonds here. And let water slide off our Teflon backs.

I said I didn't like the pricing going up all the time, when ever they like ....
Someone jumped in to tell me it hasn't gone up .
Did not write that either, actually if you read my post, I agreed with you and compared it to other services that have also gone up.
I use to get it for $7 ... does it have all that much more now, now that its $20 ...
You all must Like price increases, ya all seem to just accept them, say bring them on.
And yet you have a TV Service that is the most expensive of all of them.

Yes, everything has gone up, but instead of complaining about it, I actually do something about it.

I avoid those services that I find no value in, DirecTV for the fees, high prices and the RSN fees for a channel I would never watch.

Charter/Spectrum, for the same reasons and the Broadcast Channel fees.

And buying Streaming Services’ Gift Cards with my Credit Card points, out of all the services I have and most are Commercial Free-Hulu with Disney+ & ESPN+, Netflix , Paramount+ with Showtime, YouTube TV are paid with those, HBO and Peacock are paid with real money.

So I pay for all the above, less then $17 a month in real money.
Why is it, where ever I post something in ANY thread, you refute it right away ?
Again, did not disagree, all I did was give my opinion that Netflix is worth the price.

I cannot refute the price increases and I did not.
At least when you post something I agree with I don't find something wrong with it, to spite you.
So what did that post mean when you went at me for stuff I never wrote, go back and read it.

Last edited: