Nets

Status
Please reply by conversation.

just me

Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Virginia
A couple years back you could pay a access fee to get the networks only. the fee was like 5.00 and the nets around 6.00 a month. do any of the satellite providers still offer that. us. or ca. or is that a thing of the past. Thanks....

Dish had a locals only package for 11.99
5.99 for the locals
6.00 fee for no base package

Now they have the Welcome Pack for 14.99 which is your locals and a smattering of channels...some of them are
Comedy
HGTV
History
TBS
MTV2
CMT
Boomerang
The Hub

the whole list is here
Welcome Pack

A few of us have this package in addition to free to air or C-Band subscription programming

In Canada, Shaw Direct offers Basic with Canadian and US networks which includes SD and HD for $27/month. Combined with FTA and Netflix, it's enough. Looking seriously to dropping even Basic and using only OTA (would lose US networks), but then I would have no DVR since there's no way to input OTA into the satellite DVR. Imagine the toxic mind pollution of watching commercial networks with no DVR!

Looking seriously to dropping even Basic and using only OTA (would lose US networks), but then I would have no DVR since there's no way to input OTA into the satellite DVR. Imagine the toxic mind pollution of watching commercial networks with no DVR!

I use the OTA Silicon Dust HomeRun Dual Tuner with Windows Media Center. Flawless operation!

Combined with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and FTA.... Happy, never at a loss for programming and have never regretted the decision to drop package subscription services for a moment!

Dish Network site still lists the availability of receiving locals for $5 and $6 minimum account fee. Does anyone know if the local only provides HD or only SD?

Dish Network site still lists the availability of receiving locals for $5 and $6 minimum account fee. Does anyone know if the local only provides HD or only SD?

they dont offer that anymore. Its the Welcome Pack for 14.99
Locals are in both SD & HD if available. You also get any freeview in HD if the channel is in HD :)

post 3 has the channel list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts