Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I have a question about network services. I have a home connect kit on my h24 and to get the TV Apps to work I had to do a virtual server and open port (tcp) 27177, 27178 and open port 1701 (udp) and ever since I've done this my TV apps work great on my hr24. My problem is I can't get them to work on my h24's at all. Do I have to have a network cable plugged into the receiver? I can get them to say that I'm connected to the internet. Just when I try to use TV apps I get error code 301. My router (Belkin) won't let me duplicate open ports on one then more ip address.

I have a question about network services. I have a home connect kit on my h24 and to get the TV Apps to work I had to do a virtual server and open port (tcp) 27177, 27178 and open port 1701 (udp) and ever since I've done this my TV apps work great on my hr24. My problem is I can't get them to work on my h24's at all. Do I have to have a network cable plugged into the receiver? I can get them to say that I'm connected to the internet. Just when I try to use TV apps I get error code 301. My router (Belkin) won't let me duplicate open ports on one then more ip address.

I have the same issue on my 4 HR20s. I had to open port ranges in my router for each HR20 and then set the ports up in each HR20's network settings. They do have to be different. I run a static IP network so I assign each HR20 it's IP addy.

What I did was to set a range for each HR20 IP addy in my router ( 27177-27178 for IP1, 27179-27180 for IP2, etc.) Then I setup each port in the HR20s. Once I did this, all 4 HR20s had access to TVapps. I do have a network cable in each unit and I am NOT a SWM setup.

I have a SWM setup. I can get each one to say congratulations you are now connected to Directv through the internet. Just the tv apps I can't get to work. I'll try your way again. I'll just play around with few ideas to see what happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)