Networks on Microbud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BabaLouie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Northern Rockies
Anyone having any luck getting the networks on c-band on G4R with your microbud setups? I played with my 1.2m primestar dish for awhile, and didn't have any luck on that satellite. My lnbf is an older Uniden, with a higher noise figure, and no cone-shaped scalar ring. I did pick up a few transponders on other satellites. I will probably try to get hold of one of those newer c/ku lnbfs and try again.

Hmmm...the silence of the board pretty much confirms that the networks on G4R C-band cannot be picked up with a 1.2m dish. OK, maybe I'll look around for someone who is trying to find a home for an old BUD.

I don't know if it is necessary, but maybe we could use a thread on what is possible/not possible with a mini bud (1.2meter) setup. I'm interested in knowing this before spending some money on equipment. Sure, I've got a 10 footer in the yard, but the 1.2M can be put on a StabHH120 and be completely controlled by they STB. That concept sounds nice. BabaLouie, I'm going to PM you about the networks.

BabaLouie,

There are a couple of old microbud threads around. They would be required reading for you I would think-a search should find them. I think Iceberg is getting something like 80 quality on the nets, so I think what you are trying could be possible. :)

I am getting around 70% sq with my 6' mesh dish if that helps at all.

80 on my 6 foot solid dish.

It might be tough for a 1.2 mainly because to get that 80 took some precise aiming. You move it 1/16" either way and it drops to 50 :)

Hi Babalouie

I don't mean to change the subject a little but to make reference to a earlier thread you had. Did you motorize the 1.2 primestar dish as I have an oppurtunity to purchase a 1.2M fiberglass dish and was going to motorize it also use the bsc621-2 lnbf. I seen that great modification for the dish mount Pete refered to.
Just wanted to know if you did it or not?

Dave

Eastcoast said:
Hi Babalouie

I don't mean to change the subject a little but to make reference to a earlier thread you had. Did you motorize the 1.2 primestar dish as I have an oppurtunity to purchase a 1.2M fiberglass dish and was going to motorize it also use the bsc621-2 lnbf. I seen that great modification for the dish mount Pete refered to.
Just wanted to know if you did it or not?

Dave

Haven't motorized the 1.2 m dish yet.
Just got the 40" dish up and running on a Stab 100 motor.
If I like the way it works, I might get the 1.2 going.

Just today I picked up a used 1.2m Andrew fiberglass dish (I think its Andrew) from a local elctronics dealer for a pretty good price and boy is the mounting bracket heavy.
I'm going to try a fabricate a much lighter mount maybe something like the one PSB refered to as I want to be able to use it on my SG2100.
So if anyone has some suggestions now is the time.lol.
Yea also these guy have about 6 more like it, I'll maybe post a couple of Pics when I get a chance.

Dave

Yea Pete thats what I was looking at I seen you refer that thread to Babalouie a while ago. That guy did a nice job detailing it all.
Meanwhile I have added some pics of that dish you will probably recogonize it and know who made it and I have the lnbf tripod support I never had time to show it.

Dave

Attachments

• Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 128
Yes, Ziplok's thread must be one of the BEST ever here in the FTA area!

WOW! You are so lucky! After all the HEAVY METAL is removed and some minor alterations it should work great on a motor!

Not sure but looks like another CM :)

My wife got home seen it and said your not going to put that on the roof are you?
Well No!
I was going to weigh it but is the SG2100 good for 27 lbs or something like that.

Remember there is mesh inside the dish that will add to the weight!

I know where 2-3 that size are! Just need to pluck up the courage to ask for them!
Then there is the small matter of the wife :shh

Yes about the wife, well I told her this one is fiberglass and won't rust.Ha Ha!!
I just weighed it like it was in the picture and its 36 lbs without the lnbf arm and thats not very heavy, without that mount its 25 lbs.
Hope that motor will take that, also its not up in the wind much.

Dave

Nice dish, that mount looks LOTs lighter than what my 1.2 has.

Yes about the wife, well I told her this one is fiberglass and won't rust.Ha Ha!!
I am lucky, my wife indulges my hobby. When we went to pick up my 1.2 meter dish last weekend she just laughed and said to my friends " i know what he is doing as soon as he gets that home".

Hi DrHydro

Just kidding about my wife she ' pretty good about it all.
Does my dish look similar to the channel master except for the 11pound mount?
I hope to try and rig it up so it can replace my 1m winegard this weekend.Not sure what to expect in the way of signal improvement.

Dave

It looks similar to the CM, but I don't think its a CM. The CMs have a "honeycomb" like molded back structure.

Do you have the feed supports and LNB holder for the dish?

I have a 1.2 meter channelmaster sitting in my garage that I would love to put a HH motor on. Anyone have any experience with that? It might be worth it to find a polar mount and throw an actuator arm on it...but I still wont get HH out of the arm...or would I?

I have to agree with tron, while similiar it is not the same. Plus the mount is WAY different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.