Neusat sp-6000 newbie in distress

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slix

Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Turlock, Ca
Hey all of you FTA genius people. I need help. I have the said FTA receiver above, I use to have dishnetwork so im using the Dish 500 with the Dish pro Lnb's 119-110 outputs 1each. What can I get with this set up if any of you know Im located in California (37.49 -latitude, -120.87 longitude)if that helps, im not trying to steal anything just want to know what i can get with this. I know you guys can help-if anything would be appreciated.
any opinions and suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.:hatsoff:

Check out the FAQ - there is a section on what you can get with that setup. Basically, you can get the "You Have a Dish 500 pointed at 119 orbital slot", NASA and maybe some audio channels. Since you have the FTA receiver, you should upgrade to a 80 cm or larger dish , and LNB and then you will be all set to have fun!

would i get alot more channels, i mean i like nasa just like anyone here but ide like to expand my possiblities lol. Thanks.

You can get hundreds of free channels with a 80cm or larger dish and a motor. With a stationary setup, depending on what satellite you are pointed at you can get a few or over a hundred. What channels are you looking for?

you need at least a 30" dish and KU LNB for the FTA stuff. As noted above, not much with a 18" dish

Thanks gusys. That was helpful. so its all in the dish...hmm..so even duct tape couldnt fix this problem..wonder if i can use some cardboard and foil.lol..make my own dish..haha, j/k. thanks again.

you can look around and maybe find an old primestar dish they will work.

also several of the gold sponsors listed above have very good dishes

Accidentally installed the premium bin file instead of the regular bin file and now its turning on and off wont give me enough time to change chanels or do anything. any advice?

why did you load new software on the box?
The stuff in the box works fine for the legal FTA :)

Last edited:
I figured I had to load the software to get the receiver to work. I wasnt aware it was ready right out of the box. I feel like dumping the receiver and getting something else. Problems from the beginning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 5000 manual needed

Video Format

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)