New 211k from amazon come with smartcard?

metalgod3082

Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
Chandler, AZ
So I'm adding another receiver to another bedroom in the house and just purchased the ViP 211k from amazon. I don't really know too much about smartcards or what they do but does this receiver need one? If so would it come with one since its purchased new or do I still need to get a smartcard? Thanks.

There are built in "cards" that may or may not be out of date. As new cards are issued, they send the new ones and they may override the built in one. So the only way to know if your built in one is current, assuming it came that way, is to try it. If it doesn't work, call Dish.

All new 211ks have a purple card integrated. Once you hook up the receiver and download all the updates, the only thing you'll see on screen is the Smartcard #, Receiver # and the Dish phone#

Use those numbers to get activated. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

If you got your receiver form Global Satellite & Wireless, it should work no problem.

So I'm adding another receiver to another bedroom in the house and just purchased the ViP 211k from amazon. I don't really know too much about smartcards or what they do but does this receiver need one? If so would it come with one since its purchased new or do I still need to get a smartcard? Thanks.

I just upgraded to Dish Network's VIP722k there is no smartcard in the slot,it's inside and it works just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)