New 5nlb dish, old receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DigitalFreak

Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
Will I be able to use my older receivers (HR10-250, DSR7000) with the new 5LNB dish? I'm going to have to move my dish to a roof mount, so I thought it might be worthwhile to just pick up a 5lnb dish and be done with it. However, I'm not ready to upgrade my receivers, etc., as they currently work just fine and I don't need my local HD channels (using OTA).

My old Samsung didn't like the new dish ,It was losing all of the guide data,but Directv upgraded it to a D-10 and Have not had a problem since. Except for the 2 year contract.

My old Hughes HD receiver is still working ok with the new Slimline dish. It is set to a 3-lnb dish. :)

My old Samsung didn't like the new dish ,It was losing all of the guide data,but Directv upgraded it to a D-10 and Have not had a problem since. Except for the 2 year contract.

I don't think it was the dish, but Directv. I have been having the same problem on both my samsungs and my neighbors samsungs with the 3 lnb dish. I have even tried it with a single lnb dish and have had the same problem.

Never had a problem when it was hooked up to my old dish. That was a 3lnb.upgraded on Febuary 9 to 5 lnb and my first glich was on Febuary 12,then about once a week for 2 months untill 3 weeks ago it had to be reset every night,Then it got replaced on Monday.If it was the receiver ,I guess I'll never know!

Status
Please reply by conversation.