New 5nlb dish, old receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DigitalFreak

Original poster
Jun 30, 2004
Will I be able to use my older receivers (HR10-250, DSR7000) with the new 5LNB dish? I'm going to have to move my dish to a roof mount, so I thought it might be worthwhile to just pick up a 5lnb dish and be done with it. However, I'm not ready to upgrade my receivers, etc., as they currently work just fine and I don't need my local HD channels (using OTA).

My old Samsung didn't like the new dish ,It was losing all of the guide data,but Directv upgraded it to a D-10 and Have not had a problem since. Except for the 2 year contract.

My old Hughes HD receiver is still working ok with the new Slimline dish. It is set to a 3-lnb dish. :)

My old Samsung didn't like the new dish ,It was losing all of the guide data,but Directv upgraded it to a D-10 and Have not had a problem since. Except for the 2 year contract.

I don't think it was the dish, but Directv. I have been having the same problem on both my samsungs and my neighbors samsungs with the 3 lnb dish. I have even tried it with a single lnb dish and have had the same problem.

Never had a problem when it was hooked up to my old dish. That was a 3lnb.upgraded on Febuary 9 to 5 lnb and my first glich was on Febuary 12,then about once a week for 2 months untill 3 weeks ago it had to be reset every night,Then it got replaced on Monday.If it was the receiver ,I guess I'll never know!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts