New 921 no workee

passing_ships

Passing Ships
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area. CA
Got my new 921 this afternoon. Hooked it up just fine and even got the receiver validated and receiving programs. I noticed that the software version was L055, so the CSR guided me to start the new software download.

There were something like 30 groups to download, which it took about 45 minutes to do. At the end of that, I got a blue screen advising me that there was a disk failure (I doubt that!) with the phone number for Dish.

A call to an advanced CSR at dish resulted in me trying to reset the receiver at various stages during power on, including pulling out the smart card at various times - to no avail. According to the CSR, we were trying to get the receiver to write the downloaded software to the disk. We keep getting to a diagnostic screen suggesting a system failure had occurred, so it never was able to do that.

Only limited services are available - some of the free dish channels and the info button which pops up the disk failure message. It won't let me go to the Menu screen to do a check switch, so I can't try out Scott's trick.

Am I SOL?

If you haven't done a power cord pull, try that.

Leave it off about 5 minutes.

Then give it about 5 minutes to reboot before you touch it.

Well I have been on the phone with Dish since yesterday. Each time the CSR tells me that some super-duper advanced CSR will call - and no one does. I explained to him that I had looked on the internet and the common resolution was a receiver replacement. He said that the only people authorized to do an RMA were these super-duper dudes - even his supervisor couldn't do it!

So, I am stuck with having to hang around waiting for a phone call and with no 921 over Thanksgiving!

For something in production for over a year, this is definitely very lame!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)