New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

BearHuntr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I've had a new Audio problem pop up 3 times today already since getting upgraded to 3.63 on my 622 receiver last night. The audio will completely drop out on the TV1 output and the only way to fix it is to reboot the receiver by holding down the power button on the front of the box. The TV2 output seems fine and when I go to the Point Dish screen on TV1, I still hear the tone representing signal level.

Right now, I have my audio connected to my Living Room TV via the RCA cables and the Optical audio output running to my Basement rec room. I have yet to verify if the Optical output is affected by this problem, but the next time it happens I will check that and also the audio over HDMI, which is currently connected to my projector in the basement.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks!

Scott.

I have an update as it has now happened a 4th time. This time I checked the optical output and that was not working either. My projector doesn't have a built in speaker, so I was unable to verify whether the audio over the HDMI cable was not working either, but based on the other 2 audio outputs not working, I think that the audio over HDMI wouldn't work either. Next time it happens, I will try hooking my HDMI into my living room tv for testing.

Scott, do you recommend that I call this into technical support right away?

Thanks!

Scott.

Only watched two channels so far, but I'm having audio problems too. Sometimes it goes away all together and sometimes it is in and out. Changing channels and going back worked a couple of times, but not every time. My audio is hooked up directly with optical cable.

I just use component cables and I'm getting periodic audio dropouts in random bursts throughout a recording.This has happened in two recordings thus far tonight-DWTS and Criminal Minds. Could the dropouts have been.on the live broadcasts? Possibly (my NYC local stations) but somehow I doubt it. VERY ANNOYING.

=NLK=

I have two 622's and so far I had to reboot two times on one of them. First we lose the hdmi signal and now audio drop outs with the component connection. I better tell my apprentice on the job, to stick with cable. The 622's are getting worse.

Turned on Dish tonight (622) and there was no sound:( Power cycling via the front panel fixed it, but for how long?

I really, really wish I could stop Dish from auto updating my 622. Dish software engineers just aren't good enough to get it right the first time. FWIW I NEVER auto update the OS on my Macs. And the Dish software updates so far have been far less ready for prime time than any Mac OS update:)

Talon Dancer

Had the 622 on for 3 hours tonight, and 2 this morning; all post-3.63, no problems whatsoever; optical audio, hdmi video.

I'll consider myself lucky!

TalonDancer said:
Turned on Dish tonight (622) and there was no sound:( Power cycling via the front panel fixed it

Same problem here, happened twice today. Before 3.63 the receiver used to work fine.

N

TalonDancer said:
I really, really wish I could stop Dish from auto updating my 622. Dish software engineers just aren't good enough to get it right the first time.
Disconnect your receiver from the satellite in feed. That will keep your software from being updated.... :up

Had to reboot 4 times yesterday afternoon while watching a HD recording (ota) of Late Night due to lost audio (Optical). Nothing but a reset would bring it back.

Last edited:
I too had a lot of problems with audio last night. Mostly on CBSHDE. Not sure if it is software related or the originating signal. CBS quality has been aweful since the downrez. I too am using optical.

S~

Occasional hiccups with the audio on a deal or no deal recording from Monday (I rewatched an episode of NYC's NBC HD feed - My daughter hadn't seen it.... Drops that weren't there before the upgrade were there now -- ) Only happened about two dozen times during the show, but annoying when it did...

I like the original airdate and episode number info.... I wonder "TV Entertainment" is coming soon.... Sounds like VOD for TV shows?

I called DishNetwork technical support a few minutes ago. The technician told me that it was an issue that affects the HDMI port and that if I switched to the component video/RCA audio connections, I shouldn't have the problem (I'm not currently at home to test the hypothesis). She said she didn't know when there would be a fix, or what the fix would be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)