New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
rockymtnhigh said:
The occasional audio skipping is not the problem I am having -- it is the lockup of the system at unexpected times, and the complete audio dropout that can be only solved by a reboot. When I am recording anything I hate to even watch something else, for fear I might cause the machine to lock, and my recording to get trashed.

The poll on whether L3.63 is screwing up the 622 shows - even if it is an unscientific poll - that these problems are impacting about half of users. They need to act, and need to act quickly.

I agree. I am having the same problems. Unexpected lock ups and random automatic reboots. This doesn't include the times that I have to hard reboot myself because I lost sound. When I get home from work tonight I will be calling Dish again to get a 25% credit as this has been going on for a week now and I can't really even watch or DVR anything as it never makes it through one show without some problems.

Im getting quite a bit of audio dropouts thru my HT receiver with my VIP622. Im using the HDMI, but the audio dropout is thru the optical connection. What makes things worse is when the sound is amplified thru the HTR, its very annoying when watching a concert. Sometimes for local channels I have to switch to the OTA ant to hear whats going on. I dont know what to try next to fix this because it make watching anything thru my HTR worthless.
My wife gets on me when it happens but I just say that it's a common sat problem. She's less than impressed since it's a paid service that is failing to deliver consistantly. :mad:

scott78945 said:
I agree. I am having the same problems. Unexpected lock ups and random automatic reboots. This doesn't include the times that I have to hard reboot myself because I lost sound. When I get home from work tonight I will be calling Dish again to get a 25% credit as this has been going on for a week now and I can't really even watch or DVR anything as it never makes it through one show without some problems.

I guess I should feel lucky. Mine only happens once every day or every other day....

I need to call E* too. Maybe time to email ceo@dishnetwork.com again. Since their initial email hasn't resulted in any fixed yet.

I just got off the phone with E* CSR. I told her that I was getting the random reboot and she stated that this is NOT a known issue with this software upgrade. She is sending me a new 622 out as its not normal. She also gave me a credit for 10 days of service because of the problems. She was very nice and said that for the most part, just switching to the component cables is enough to fix the problem but not all. She also stated that the only TV that she is aware of that is causing a problem with HDMI is Vizio tv's. My new 622 will be here sometime next week. On the downfall though, when I get the new 622 next week it "may" download the software again and I may lose sound. She said it all depends on the box as some are having no problems. Keeping my fingers crossed.

scott78945 said:
I just got off the phone with E* CSR. I told her that I was getting the random reboot and she stated that this is NOT a known issue with this software upgrade. She is sending me a new 622 out as its not normal. She also gave me a credit for 10 days of service because of the problems. She was very nice and said that for the most part, just switching to the component cables is enough to fix the problem but not all. She also stated that the only TV that she is aware of that is causing a problem with HDMI is Vizio tv's. My new 622 will be here sometime next week. On the downfall though, when I get the new 622 next week it "may" download the software again and I may lose sound. She said it all depends on the box as some are having no problems. Keeping my fingers crossed.

She (customer service) is full of crap. I have an email from Executive Communications (i.e., the ceo email address) and they know, and have known, that audio drop out and reboots is part of the problem.

There is nothing wrong with my 622 other than the stinking new software they put on it.

Well rockymtnhigh have you tried another receiver with the same update??? Have tried it with component cables to see if you have the same issue?? Also have you tried a diffrent HDMI cable as far as brand or just a diffrent cable from what you have now?? What have your tried since one the problem started and since the new update as came out?? If it comes down that the update is the issue then yes they will half to fix it.. But to say customer service is full of it is wrong it seems like they were trying to make up for the problems he was having that is scott78945.. Either way let folks know what you have tried to to do to fix the problem.. I think if its that big of a issue that customer serivce would do something to help out like they did scott78945..

rockymtnhigh said:
She (customer service) is full of crap. I have an email from Executive Communications (i.e., the ceo email address) and they know, and have known, that audio drop out and reboots is part of the problem.

There is nothing wrong with my 622 other than the stinking new software they put on it.

I did mention to her that it didn't start happening until the software update. She still seemed concerned as according to her notes, the self rebooting isn't part of it. We will have to see what the new box shows. I am out nothing for the swap so I don't care if Dish is willing to try it to fix the problem. She did state that not all 622's are having problems so we will have to see.

You never have the problem under the new update is downloaded, then you have the same problems as 50% of the people on this board, all starting on the same day, and someone wants to believe that it is a 622 hardware problem????

Even all of the suggestions about swapping cables are bull crap. This is obviously a software update problem.

Now if you had lost your HDMI video at the same time, then it might have been a coincidental failure of your HDMI connector.

I wouldn't want to deal with all of the hassle of putting in a new 622 for this, unless it was a last resort. For one thing, there's a 50% chance the new one will do the same thing. And you've got to pull the old one out, reconnect everything, ship the old one back, and lose all of your recordings. Big pain in the neck!

Hopefully the new software download will fix it.

And would there be ANY chance at all of the new download coming out so quickly if there were not widespread problems with the last one? Of course not. This confirms the problem.

Poke said:
Well rockymtnhigh have you tried another receiver with the same update??? Have tried it with component cables to see if you have the same issue?? Also have you tried a diffrent HDMI cable as far as brand or just a diffrent cable from what you have now?? What have your tried since one the problem started and since the new update as came out?? If it comes down that the update is the issue then yes they will half to fix it.. But to say customer service is full of it is wrong it seems like they were trying to make up for the problems he was having that is scott78945.. Either way let folks know what you have tried to to do to fix the problem.. I think if its that big of a issue that customer serivce would do something to help out like they did scott78945..

Poke... I have just one receiver activated.

I don't use HDMI for audio; I use optical. And my problems have been far less severe than many users; just sporadic lock-ups or audio drops leading to a lockup.

There are numerous reports in about 3 different threads about trying different video/audio connections, none have seemed to work. And yes, about half of the people haven't encountered any problems at all.

But I don't think its wrong to say that customer service was full of crap. My point was that my email to ceo@dish last Friday focused on audio-drop/lockups, and I referenced the initial thread on the problem from SatGuys. The response back was "they have reproduced this problem" and are working on a fix. To say that your 622 needs to be replaced just does not make sense given the problems ONLY beginning with the new software download. The particular customer service rep may not have known, BUT E* knows.

BUT with L3.65 out, MAYBE all of this will soon be a bad memory. Maybe. :)

scott78945 said:
I did mention to her that it didn't start happening until the software update. She still seemed concerned as according to her notes, the self rebooting isn't part of it. We will have to see what the new box shows. I am out nothing for the swap so I don't care if Dish is willing to try it to fix the problem. She did state that not all 622's are having problems so we will have to see.

I feel sorry for the poor CSRs. They are in so far over their heads on these issues.

I just hope this software fix doesn't fix the ones having problems and break the ones that are working!

I just got L365. I had to reboot, and so it "decided" that it was a good time to download the update. Of course I missed the first 15 minutes of Survivor...

I have a new 622 I received 2 weeks ago, and tried to use the optical (PCM) output for the first time yesterday (10/28). Optical does not work at all. I see light at the end of cable but no sound when connected to PCM D/A converter. Analog audio out to stereo amp and HDMI audio out to TV work just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)