New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Vip 622 problem via RCA

I confirm that the sound problem exists using either optical or RCA. I have a direct connection via RCA to my tv. I have tried every combination. The sound issue seems independent of the connection type.

Dish support still says they don't have a fix. They don't know when a fix will be available.

I suggest emailing ceo@echostar.com - they actually replied to me which was very good. Although of not much use other than showing our concerns.

Ironically, I didn't have any problems tonight at all. Watched tv for about 5 hours and no problems. Connected via component cables. However, I did have to reboot when I first turned it on though...if this goes on much longer I will be definately be calling back for another refund. I figure that for each week its out, I should get a credit for that amount of time. It makes watching TV totally unbearable as it happens while using the DVR too.

Well, I had to see what this was about so we watched House, recorded the same night (??), and had the audio through my receiver. Sorry, can't tell you if it's optical or coaxial (I use one for my sat receiver and the other for my DVD player). It was only one show and only hour, but I had ZERO dropouts.

Anyone have any updated info as to when this will be fixed? Its now a week later and my DVR is all chlopped up as I either have no sound on my shows or the 622 just randomly rebooted itself and I have 1 show on there 3 times as it divided it up each time it reset. This is beyond an inconvenience at this point...

scott78945 said:
Anyone have any updated info as to when this will be fixed? Its now a week later and my DVR is all chlopped up as I either have no sound on my shows or the 622 just randomly rebooted itself and I have 1 show on there 3 times as it divided it up each time it reset. This is beyond an inconvenience at this point...
New software is due out tomorrow(the 28th). I was lucky enough to get in on the beta, and the first beta software took care of the issue. They then issued a 2nd beta software, that was supposed to "further" fix it, although i didint notice much difference. I am still having a few minor split-second audio dropouts on my OTA recordings(maybe 1-2 per show), but nothing like the total audio loss that i was having before(that required a front panel reboot). Anyway, hopefully the software should spool tomorrrow, and you should be able to get the update around ~5-7pm CST

Hope this fix is related to the HDMI dropping as well. (I lost sound over HDMI first... then video followed a few days later) Would be really nice to get it back... keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers!
Supercharged_Z06

P.S. gdarwin, nice car! :)

Haven't visited the forum for few days, missed a lot here :)

I have not experienced any audio problem, what did I miss? So far, my 622s have been running very stable.

cooldude919 said:
New software is due out tomorrow(the 28th). I was lucky enough to get in on the beta, and the first beta software took care of the issue. They then issued a 2nd beta software, that was supposed to "further" fix it, although i didint notice much difference. I am still having a few minor split-second audio dropouts on my OTA recordings(maybe 1-2 per show), but nothing like the total audio loss that i was having before(that required a front panel reboot). Anyway, hopefully the software should spool tomorrrow, and you should be able to get the update around ~5-7pm CST

Thanks but are you saying you are still getting audio dropouts on the OTA channels. If so, this fix will not fix the problem and we are back to square one. We want to have it the way it was before 3.63 where there was no dropouts at all. Why can't they do this?

Can't they just put the software back the
way it was before the "updated version"?

Problem solved! Are the not smart enough
to do that.

Make sure folks that when you post about issues like this that you also tell us what ""Brand Of TV and Model You Have""!! Your TV will have some effect on why things will work and why they might not.. Yes I understand that sometimes it will be on the receiver end. BUT some brands of TV's are haveing more issues with their HDMI inputs than others. This way Dish and other customers can be informed on what TV's are haveing issues.. Dish has metion this in the past that they see some brands having more issues with the HDMI standard..

Scientific Atlanta, Pioneer (Aptiv), and many cable companies have went round and round with HDMI-related issues between their hardware, software, and all of the various TV manufacturers. Makes you wonder when the box and it's software work fine with (50) TV maker's sets but not with (5) others. Who's got the wrong implementation, the set-top people, the (50) TV makers that it works on, or the (5) that it doesn't work on ??

HatGuy said:
Can't they just put the software back the
way it was before the "updated version"?

Problem solved! Are the not smart enough
to do that.
That would certainly be the best solution from my perspective. The problem is that they released this version of the software for a variety of reasons - most of which are new "features". Such as the original airing date of the episodes in the program info and the TV Entertainment thing. If they rolled back, it would make a bunch of people who are angry right now really happy and it would make people who are happy with the new features really angry. Kind of a catch-22. So I'm sure their perspective is "we just need to fix the bugs we introduced". Of course that takes time - we definately don't want a quick-fix that ends up breaking even more stuff. I work in software quality assurance (NOT FOR DISH!!! :D) and we work very hard to not have to do what the Dish folks are having to do right now.

My 622 has been great, but now audio skipping using optical. My wife was not happy, she tolerates my technolgy cravings but when they don't work, she lets me know about it.

I have a pioneer receiver hooked up via optical and currently have audio skips. Sometimes complete drops. And every once in a while I get the one where there is a picture but no sound and every single light on the front of the 622 is dark. This is with a Sony 40" Bravia LCD. I had my HDMI die a few weeks ago as well, so I'm currently connected with component cables.

Sean Mota said:
I am not even using HDMI. I am using component and getting all sort of audio drop outs in all channels. It is worse on OTA channels.

Hmm well try another receiver and see what happens.. If you half to go to a local reseller see if you can borrow one of theirs. If you still have the issue then good chance the problem is something else. If not then its that receiver but also check the software version on both too..

I'm using the HDMI/DVI for video, and Optical for audio. My audio just plain "goes away" when I pause. The screen goes black/gray/black/picture, and then when I resume, no audio. I have been unplugging/plugging-in to fix it.

Its fine for everyone to post their TV models and brands but I am having the problem using component as well so I don't see how this is going to help...

The occasional audio skipping is not the problem I am having -- it is the lockup of the system at unexpected times, and the complete audio dropout that can be only solved by a reboot. When I am recording anything I hate to even watch something else, for fear I might cause the machine to lock, and my recording to get trashed.

The poll on whether L3.63 is screwing up the 622 shows - even if it is an unscientific poll - that these problems are impacting about half of users. They need to act, and need to act quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts