New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

psumattDE said:
I'm not having any audio issues - so I couldn't participate. :D
I've been away for over a week and havnt checked mine yet. How can a SW problem affect some and not others. I would think if everyone gets the download then everyone gets the problems. No?
I had to record a weeks worth of Soaps for my wife and she will start watching tonight. I'm not looking forward to what might happen if the sound is screwed up on all of it.:(

Tried the check switch technique and not 5 minutes later I lost sound AND thew whole thing froze up. Then just went black. It didn't even reboot itself.

I thought I had been lucky and not affected by the latest audio bugs. Lo and behold last night I got bit by it. The first dropout happened after skipping forward 30 seconds and the panel's front lights went out. I switched to view another recorded program from the DVR and it came back. A little bit later it happened again, this time without the front panel lights going out but I was unable to do anything to get it to recover short of a reboot.

Is it pretty much confirmed that the audio dropouts do NOT occur if you use something other than HDMI, optical, or coaxial for (digital) audio output ?? If so, until Dish resolves this, please stop using this connection. Unless of course you need some reason to bitch and complain about Dish Network..... :(

hall said:
Is it pretty much confirmed that the audio dropouts do NOT occur if you use something other than HDMI, optical, or coaxial for (digital) audio output ?? If so, until Dish resolves this, please stop using this connection. Unless of course you need some reason to bitch and complain about Dish Network..... :(

That is an incorrect assertion. If you are having this particular problem, the TV1 audio goes out regardless of which output you are using (even the modulated output over RG6). Up until the software upgrade, I had nothing but praise for Dish Network. My 622 was working nearly flawlessly. Their prices are reasonable and their technology is superior to DirecTV and my local cable company (Insight). I'm not looking for something to complain about. I'm just looking to have my receiver working as promised...:mad:

Just to clarify, I'm am using composite (RCA) audio to my TV and am running v3.63 of the software. I have had NO audio dropouts.

I do have an optical/coaxial connection to my AV receiver, but only use it for DD stuff and even then, not very often.

voripteth said:
I thought I had been lucky and not affected by the latest audio bugs. Lo and behold last night I got bit by it. The first dropout happened after skipping forward 30 seconds and the panel's front lights went out. I switched to view another recorded program from the DVR and it came back. A little bit later it happened again, this time without the front panel lights going out but I was unable to do anything to get it to recover short of a reboot.
I have been dealing with these exact issues for a week!

hall said:
Just to clarify, I'm am using composite (RCA) audio to my TV and am running v3.63 of the software. I have had NO audio dropouts.

And I have both the optical and RCA line outs connected and have had 0 drop outs from both. I am one of the lucky 50% not having problems. Perhaps my 622 was manufactured under a favorable astrological sign.

I have been using the RCA component cables for both sound and video and I still have the dropouts. So those of you that have been using them with no problems are very lucky. It doesn't happen as much but it still happens. I found that I can use my HDMI for about 1-2 hrs with no problems. But once they start it is very frequent. Then I switch to all component cables and it can go up to 4 hrs with no problems and then it starts with those. Then I switch back to HDMI and cycle repeats itself...

I watched 3 hours of recordings from last week and 3 hours of live TV last night using RCA out audio. No audio dropouts at all. No problems at all.

So what is the word on this. It is obviously a very widespread issue, has DISH responed that they will fix this.. and when?

The email I received from Dish yesterday claims they know about the problem, are working on the fix and hope to have it very soon. I heard on another board that Dish was looking for some beta testers to test out a possible fix last night. So it sounds like soon. It's too bad they can't go back to the previous version. It seems like must "upgrades" always cause issues - not just with Dish.

psumattDE said:
According to the "other site", they were taking names earlier today to volunteer for a new software beta that DISH would send out tonight to possibly fix the audio issues.

I'm not having any audio issues - so I couldn't participate. :D

a few pages back yeasterday :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)