New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

Tom Bombadil said:
From reading this thread I can hardly believe it, but no, I have not had even a 1/10th second dropout since receiving 3.63. And I've been using the optical digital audio the entire time....
Whatever you do -- don't change any settings!

Please post your full audio configuration so others can test these settings on their 622s.

Thanks in Advance - Talon Dancer

p.s. Are you sure you are not just a good lip reader:)

First post, long time reader.
My 622 has been working nearly flawlessly since March. Until 3.63 release that is.
Same audio drop outs, have to reboot to correct. It is the same on both HDMI and composite.

I've experienced one audio dropout so far, on a OTA local channel, it was resolved by hitting the skip-back button.

Tom Bombadil said:
From reading this thread I can hardly believe it, but no, I have not had even a 1/10th second dropout since receiving 3.63. And I've been using the optical digital audio the entire time.

The reason I was asking about if people had tried a stereo setting on their A/V receiver was to isolate if the problem was related to the Dolby Digital stream. It is possible to bugger up one and not the other. But as people have reported that they are experiencing the problem even with the L/R stereo outputs, it appears to be more broad-based than just a DD problem.

Yup, its broad-based. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and got a response that they reproduced the problem and are working on a fix. I was impressed with the quick reply.

Tom Bombadil - you must have some of that middle earth magic working for your 622!!! :D

I have had flawless operation of my 622 since January. Now with the 363 I am getting major out of sync problems on mainly off air locals.

SOme on the sats as well. Did both hard and soft reboots to no avail?

Brian

My settings are the normal ones. I have Dolby Digital set to DD/PCM in line mode. Just like anyone with an A/V DD receiver/processor should have.

I am now up to 12 hours since getting 3.63 with 0 audio dropouts. And I've made sure to watch some of everything ... SD stereo, SD DD, HD DD, and DVR-recorded SD stereo and HD DD.

Perhaps the Dish gods are granting me leave after having cursed me with a flaky 942 for 8 months.

Received this from dish per my complaint:

Brian,

Thanks to your feedback, we were able to reproduce this issue and are quickly working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and assure you that this issue is a very high priority for us. We expect to have a fix released in the very near future. Thanks again for the feedback.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Executive Office of DISH Network

Executive Communications

My audio went out 9 times last night in a matter of 4 hours while watching tv. What a joke! It even happens while watching DVR. I hope a fix comes by very soon. It seems that EVERY day when I turn on the tv the sound is already gone. So first thing every morning I have to do a hard boot just to get sound.

I'll be sending as I have been losing my audio for 2 days now. Last night, 9 times. And I am paying $90/month for what again?

I had 3 or 4 video freezes while recording three things last night which lead to three reboots promptly all in a period of 10 minutes. THis is inexcusable ! I also received the canned response from the ceo exceutive department. IT is now 9/23/06 and I still have nothing recorded on my Tv Entertainment menu. Isn't that why they did the software update in the first place? So I am suffering from audio /video dropouts and freezes and numerous reboots and I CAN'T even watch the free video on demand crap that Dish was supposed to load on my receiver?

Pure BullSh*t software update

My only issue with this software is I will lose audio after watching a dvr'd program if I select delete, I can reproduce it everytime and the only fix is to reboot or not delete the event, I can click done, go to live tv or start a new event then go back and delete the previous event...

I suspect it's something to do with the 622 releasing the (lock for the) event to be deleted because it now seems to partially turn off the unit (the front power lights turn off and the audio is gone but I still have video).

I hope this issue was easily duplicated by E* and can be fixed.

Vip622 No Sound

Same problem here - no sound after 5 min. Front panel reset fixes temporarily. I reported it to Dish on Wednesday and they told me it was a defective receiver. Now it is a known issue.

1st call to Dish today they said they are working on a fix. 2nd call to Dish just now and they said it won't be fixed until October.

This is ridiculous. They gave me $10 credit for 2 months. I think they should be doing a lot more than that. I have never had any such problem before with any tv provider. I am totally unsatisfied.

They tried to tell me it was something to do with the receivers interaction with my home theatre setup. I have a Yamaha receiver. They said to use RCA into the tv and the sound will last longer. I have not tried this yet. But how could it be an interaction with my sound equipment even if I use RCA into my tv? RCA is 1980 technology.

This is unacceptable. Does anyone have contact info for news publications? This info should be given to Reuters, CNN, and all tech publications. Maybe that will speed them up! October!!!

I have not had any issues with the 622 for the month and a half I have it, until now. Yesterday I had friends over and showed them the HDNet Atlantis launch that I had saved and viewed many times previously. The audio was way out of synch, the first time for that viewing. It was making me sick as the guys lips were moving and then the audio would follow about 1 -2 seconds behind. I hope when friends come over to watch the NFL today things will be alright.

Polar77 said:
Does anyone have contact info for news publications? This info should be given to Reuters, CNN, and all tech publications.
Have you EVER seen CNN or similar run a story on a topic like this ??
Maybe that will speed them up! October!!!
Sure, that's what everyone wants: A software update rushed out in order to quiet the news channels (who won't run the story).

Vip 622 No Sound

Of course I have seen similar stories. See them all the time. When there is a flaw in IE, or Windows, or whatever.

It should be something like "Dish software error angries customers". I don't want them to rush and deliver a flawed update, but rather devote more time/people so that they can get a fix out sooner.

I don't know what percentage of 622's this affects, but this problem is likely to be causing thousands of people a lot of problems. I wasted many hours trying to fix my receiver before tech support would even say it was a "known issue".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)