New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My audio has never totally cut out since 3.63, but there are many momentary (1/10th sec.?) dropouts. This happens on both live and recorded programs, both SD and HD, several times an hour. I'm using optical output. Haven't tried the HDMI on the other TV, but will do so tonight.

Brad

Sign me up to. No audio on Optical with HDMI connections. Happened about 3 days ago and I have been updated to 363. I had no problems with 360, I think they need to rollback the software.

I have already contacted Dish and they told me that they would not be reverting the software and to give them a chace to solve the problem. God only knows how long that's going to take.

JBJ

Dear Dish,

Please remove me from your software beta test users group until you can provide me a second vip622 exclusively for the beta test program. The latest beta software v3.63 is leaving me with no audio several times per day. This problem is easily remedied with a reboot of the reciever. However this process should not need to be performed several times per day by my wife and children whom will continue to reboot my vip622 now every time they think or suspect there is a problem.

Sincerely,

Z

Update

pacorn said:
As has been noted by others, ALL sound output on TV1 goes out (I have checked HDMI, Analog (RCA), and modulator). I called tech support again. This guy had me change my Dolby Digital settings (Menu, 6, 7) to PCM only (said it fixed the problem on his 622). That didn't fix it immediately, but he suggested that it would need a reboot first (couldn't reboot at the moment because I was recording Survivor). I rebooted about 15 minutes ago, so we'll see.

UPDATE
The above solution did not work either.

Bradtothebone said:
My audio has never totally cut out since 3.63, but there are many momentary (1/10th sec.?) dropouts. This happens on both live and recorded programs, both SD and HD, several times an hour. I'm using optical output. Haven't tried the HDMI on the other TV, but will do so tonight.

Brad

This is exactly what I have except I use RCA outputs and it only happens once a day..

I haven't seen the audio go out completely, but have seen the short audio drop outs for the last couple of nights.

I have a three year old Samsung DLP set and a 622 I got last March using the HDMI and RCA jacks to connect the picture and sound. This has been a good match in the past with minimal problems through all the software updates.

This is a minor problem to me, but I agree that if a reboot is required to fix it, it should be considered a major problem. They need to fix this fast, but lets hope the fix will not cause further new problems.

Ziploc said:
Dear Dish,
Please remove me from your software beta test users group until you can provide me a second vip622 exclusively for the beta test program. ...
ROTFL Of course you know that you are making a big leap of faith by assuming that the Dish programmers know the Greek alphabet -- in the correct order.

Talon Dancer

A couple of questions - I've read through this thread top to bottom but can't seem to get a consensus.

If running in dual mode, does TV2 experience the problem?
Has anyone had a recorded program not record the audio or is this a decode-time problem only?

I'm sticking with my 942 until this gets resolved. It's frustrating because I've got a nice shiny 622 sitting in its box waiting for me to plug it in. But I refuse to deal with the spousal disapproval when she can't get audio from her shows. :p

I have been experiencing audio sync problems with my local ABC, WPVI and a lot of artifacts and digitizing on the rest of my HD channels. Picture freezes and audio keeps going.

rockymtnhigh said:
Tom - have you had any dropouts at all?

From reading this thread I can hardly believe it, but no, I have not had even a 1/10th second dropout since receiving 3.63. And I've been using the optical digital audio the entire time.

The reason I was asking about if people had tried a stereo setting on their A/V receiver was to isolate if the problem was related to the Dolby Digital stream. It is possible to bugger up one and not the other. But as people have reported that they are experiencing the problem even with the L/R stereo outputs, it appears to be more broad-based than just a DD problem.

Widescreen said:
A couple of questions - I've read through this thread top to bottom but can't seem to get a consensus.

If running in dual mode, does TV2 experience the problem?
Has anyone had a recorded program not record the audio or is this a decode-time problem only?

It does not affect TV2.
It does affect all TV1 outputs (HDMI, Optical, Analog, Modulator).
It does not affect the recording of programs - it only affects playback.

The people that are reporting short skips in the sound are not reporting the same problem - that is just the norm for the 622.

pacorn said:
The people that are reporting short skips in the sound are not reporting the same problem - that is just the norm for the 622.

I beg to differ. It was not the norm for MY 622 prior to L3.63.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)