new azbox elite software drops the file size recording limit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
For the longest time the issue I saw with the azbox and a HDD was the file size limit

1st it was 3GB max
then it was upped to 4GB

well there is new "beta" software out and this drops that limit!!!

Recorded a show and it came back as one file 7.1GB :)

I very happy :)

For the longest time the issue I saw with the azbox and a HDD was the file size limit

1st it was 3GB max
then it was upped to 4GB

well there is new "beta" software out and this drops that limit!!!

Recorded a show and it came back as one file 7.1GB :)

I very happy :)

HOTDOG!

I am also very happy with this! Opensat is really working to please us.

RADAR

What is the file system type for these boxes? Going with large files in Linux usually means working with XFS or JFS or deletes etc are very slow.

Also, can you SSH into these boxes?

SSHD has been an option in the Network Service for quite a while. I'm running 9.3911 and it's an option there.
:)

That's interesting, I'm still using 9.3911 as well. I'm curious as to why you are still running that version. I personally found that it handles HighDef feeds a bit better.

I simply haven't had a reason to move to a newer version. I've tried the newest ones, but had different small issues, and came back to 3911, which is working for what I need.
:)

Brent,

I update my image file often. OpenSat has an official site that you can join to download firmware and tools and also, to report bugs. The Opensat (AZBox) company encourages the end users to report bugs and make improvement suggestions to assist them in refining their product.

If you are interested in at least browsing the site:

Welcome to AZBox • Index page

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)