New Birdog meter arrived today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
As I mentioned I received a Birdog for Xmas. For years I just used a compass, the 4dtv quality meter, and $10 cheapo meter for all tuning.

That Birdog got me even closer on the receiver end (moonsoon today and the rest of the week!!). On almost every bird, I was just a few clicks off and a few degrees in skew. That thing is really sensitive (for $400+ it better be!). Cannot wait to try it out on the dish end, after I put the new positioner in. It should be great for focal length adjustments which I always was fiddling with.

The 8 ft old Winegard dish manual said 24.75" (much less room for error on KU) inches but then move it in or out a little to get the best signal.....huh?.....and then when my new motorized FTA stuff comes in...should make setup much faster! Also got hold of a stable 12 ft ladder on loan from a friend! I can use that to continuing hacking at that tree threatening my view of the Clark belt in the West! it will be a nub when I get done! hehheh

Jeff

Not sure what you mean

baya said:
Has you read about the data upgrade yet??

It has the V 2.50 firmware and I used the web page to create my own list of sats...Is there more?
regards
jeff

false birdog readings

hi,
i have a birdog v2.5 and it used to work fine for some time, however, lately i noticed strange behaviour:
when i try to find 82-91, it shows a perfect 91, but when i changed to 82 by clicking left arrow on birdog
without changing the cable, it shows 82 as well, when i changed cable for 82 lnb, it shows nothing

also, when i point to 110, it shows ok, but when clicking to 82 without changing cables, it also shows 82 high quality...

so, definitely, something is wrong...i disconnected the battery, connected again, charged using ac current cable, downloaded a file
from birdog.tv and still is the same...

is there anything else that could be reset in birdog itself or downloaded from the internet?

and what could be the reason for this behaviour to avoid it in the future..

kris

Sounds like a tech support problem...

netspace said:
hi,
i have a birdog v2.5 and it used to work fine for some time, however, lately i noticed strange behaviour:
when i try to find 82-91, it shows a perfect 91, but when i changed to 82 by clicking left arrow on birdog
without changing the cable, it shows 82 as well, when i changed cable for 82 lnb, it shows nothing
also, when i point to 110, it shows ok, but when clicking to 82 without changing cables, it also shows 82 high quality...
so, definitely, something is wrong...i disconnected the battery, connected again, charged using ac current cable, downloaded a file
from birdog.tv and still is the same...
is there anything else that could be reset in birdog itself or downloaded from the internet?
and what could be the reason for this behaviour to avoid it in the future..
kris

If I were you, I would disconnect it from the battery for a day or so to let what ever juice dissapate from any Capacitors, it may have in the power supply....If you get the same problem after setting it up again...call Birdog for service...sounds like the processor(s) are getting bad or corrupted data from somewhere (are you sure of your jumper cable quality (or do you disconnect your receiver and reconnect the incoming cable to the Birdog?????) Is your LNB or that cable in excellent condition? (they warn you about unpredictable results with faulty cable!!

...I would bet there is some combination of button presses that would do a "master reset though" (it would if I had designed it!!) <grin>

I do not pretent to understand the innerworkings of this item though!
I am asumming that you know your dish is in the correct position for the bird you set and that all cabling is known to be good, as well as your LNB!?
Regards
jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts