new BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I went and picked up a dish last night.
I think all the parts are there, the feedhorn cover says "Perfect 10" on it so I am assuming it's a 10 footer.. should be close, I'd guess the panels were just under 5'.
anybody know anything about these? pics would be great as I have no idea if all the pieces parts are there.
One thing on it, is that it's got at least a 24" actuator on it. (was cold as hell and I wasnt gonna stand around outside to measure it)

the only thing I'm not sure on is the feedhorn support. She found 4 poles wrapped up in the shed next to the stuff, but neither of us were sure if they were the right ones

only thing is that I forgot the pole (yes, even included a pole to mount the thing) but it's only about 40 mins drive, so I might email her and ask if I can just drive past during lunch to grab it.

I went and picked up a dish last night.
I think all the parts are there, the feedhorn cover says "Perfect 10" on it so I am assuming it's a 10 footer.. should be close, I'd guess the panels were just under 5'.
anybody know anything about these? pics would be great as I have no idea if all the pieces parts are there.
One thing on it, is that it's got at least a 24" actuator on it. (was cold as hell and I wasnt gonna stand around outside to measure it)

the only thing I'm not sure on is the feedhorn support. She found 4 poles wrapped up in the shed next to the stuff, but neither of us were sure if they were the right ones

only thing is that I forgot the pole (yes, even included a pole to mount the thing) but it's only about 40 mins drive, so I might email her and ask if I can just drive past during lunch to grab it.

I have 2-10 foot Perfect 10s, here's some pics of the one in my yard, and the one I just got last week.

The feed support arms have a round hole in the end that attaches to the dish, and slotted holes on the end that the feed attaches to.

edit: I can measure my support arms for you, if you need it, to be sure you have the correct ones.

Attachments

• Sat Billings Perfect 10.JPG
    Sat Billings Perfect 10.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Sat Billings Perfect 10b.JPG
    Sat Billings Perfect 10b.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Satellite Dish 03-02-08.JPG
    Satellite Dish 03-02-08.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Satellite Dish 03-02-08d.JPG
    Satellite Dish 03-02-08d.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 144
sure looks like it.. it's all still sitting in the back of my truck, maybe I'll pop out there later and take a pic of it.
One thing I do notice is that the center "plate" (for lack of a better term) that would cover the small hole where the panels come together, is not there.
that gonna be a big deal? She said that I could come back out and dig through piles of stuff in the shed to try to find anything were it missing, but I dont want to overstay my welcome, ;-)

sure looks like it.. it's all still sitting in the back of my truck, maybe I'll pop out there later and take a pic of it.
One thing I do notice is that the center "plate" (for lack of a better term) that would cover the small hole where the panels come together, is not there.
that gonna be a big deal? She said that I could come back out and dig through piles of stuff in the shed to try to find anything were it missing, but I dont want to overstay my welcome, ;-)
I do think the center plate is needed for uniformity of the panels and for stability.

If you can find it, that would be to your advantage.

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll rummage around and see what I can find. :)

There's also a milk-crate with the feedhorn, wires, a big piece of paper that says "this side towards sky!".. maybe that plate is in there... I didn't dig through it that much

it's in there

yep.. the center plate was inside the feedhorn cover.. yea!

Attachments

• perfect-10-1.jpg
    perfect-10-1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 151
  • perfect-10-2.jpg
    perfect-10-2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 146
  • perfect-10-3.jpg
    perfect-10-3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 137
If the center plate is missing, maybe someone can get the measurement for you, a fabricating shop could possibly make you one. I have a 7.5' Perfect 10 but that part might be different on a smaller diameter dish. They are nice dishes, have a very good shape.

edit: You posted while I was typing, glad you found your part!

thanks guys.. there was also a zip-top bag in there with all stainless hardware for putting the thing together ...

with all this new "stuff" I'd better start jewelry shopping for my wife ;-)

well, the 4dtv has UHF so we're probably good there... has to be better than our E* remotes.. they suck.. badly.
too bad that it's like 20° outside, the ground is frozen and covered in snow.. otherwise I'd be skipping out of work and getting this thing setup ;-)

I have two sets of remote extenders in my house LOL.
Congrats on your dish. It should perform well after you get it setup.
I have a 10' and 7.5' SAMI (Superior Antenna).

Both mine have 4DTV receivers and pansat 9200 HDs.

just went and looked at the panels.. it's gotta be a 7.5' since the panels fit between the wheel wells in the truck bed. still a decent find though I was hoping for a 10'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)