New Carbon Interface on Hopper with Sling - positives and negatives

The old UI and the new UI do not play well together.
J .. I just now saw the beta testers thread (DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum) Scott had up ... hist first post in there "at the top" is a "note this" type posting.

Is there a thread or a list of known issues for the new software? One with an updated Top Post of currently known issues? I can't find one and that beta thread is 16 pages long at 25 posts per page! I've searched again and keep getting links going back into one of 2 or 3 threads none of which is a locked or maintained thread that lists current defects at the top.

very frustrated that this software was pushed, without push to all on an account, or denied until all could get the update at the same time.

Its now made the system damned near unusable. :(

J .. I just now saw the beta testers thread (DISH Hopper Carbon UI Testing Forum) Scott had up ... hist first post in there "at the top" is a "note this" type posting.

Is there a thread or a list of known issues for the new software? One with an updated Top Post of currently known issues? I can't find one and that beta thread is 16 pages long at 25 posts per page! I've searched again and keep getting links going back into one of 2 or 3 threads none of which is a locked or maintained thread that lists current defects at the top.

very frustrated that this software was pushed, without push to all on an account, or denied until all could get the update at the same time.

Its now made the system damned near unusable. :(

Just force the download to the other receiver. It's not a big deal.

Reactions: charlesrshell
another negative with the new update..........pressing the red key no longer shows the tuners in use or available

how can an update/upgrade take away features?

1 step supposedly forward.........2 steps definitely backward

I hate that there is no option to view recordings with no folders....this is essential for me because I record many shows and like to watch them by the order they were recorded.

I hate that there is no option to view recordings with no folders....this is essential for me because I record many shows and like to watch them by the order they were recorded.
No option for watching which? PTAT? there is.. on the new UI .. click to go into PTAT .. you'll see the 4 network folders .. press the RED button on the 40.0 remote ... and you get the 9 square options .. #2 should be "Group By" at the bottom of its cube .. and you probably see "Network" above it .. select that square and change it to Title.

And while I'm here...

More Negatives..

Since day one, I've had nothing but problems with PTAT.

2 Hoppers, 1 Joey. 1 hopper is w/sling, the other is not, but I do have the sling adapter attached.

I group PTAT by network on the regular Hopper, and on my HWS I go in .. I reset the view there to group by network, and I saw that there were shows available based on the numbers on the folders.

Go into the folders, and there are *no* recordings. Just as bad, normally pressing cancel 1 time at this point would bring you UP one level, and instead it cancels out of DVR.

===

So Just down, in answering that other persons' post, if about ptat .. I went into the menus myself to make sure I was getting it right. And when I set the view for PTAT from my HWS to the view of PTAT on the regular Hopper .. all of the shows re-appeared.

Joy was short lived, as starting the FOX show Brooklyn Nine-Nine didn't really start *that* show, but instead started playing a movie I have recorded locally on my HWS.

I don't get it .. how could this update go so G.D. wrong ? Why is it *I* see all these problems an not everyone?

FYI .. I did it a second time, and then tried to do it a 3rd the same way, and suddenly it worked to play Brooklyn 9-9.

with how unpredictable the software is, with the fact that I can't have my folders when looking at the remote DVR that's doing the PTAT .. I'm just so f**king frustrated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)