New channel for Puerto Rico customers that have VIP rec.

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
7798(69) - OCTV [MPEG4 SD] - EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 49 changed to Available (H)

The channels is a weather channel from WSEE CBS this is a waste of bandwith!

This is the worst waste of bandwidth in the history of Dish!!
I mean, there are a lot of other channels that could have been uplinked!

Agreed...they could have upload local WAPA weather channel instead of that. Who make these stupid decisions in Dish....they should be fired immediately

They used to have the Wapa weather channel but it change to universal sports channel 27.

The audio sounds horrible

You are 100% right...

I can understand the decision of using a Weather station that covers the Caribbean, after all Dish has customers all around the islands. BUT, it is a badly produced channel (judging by the 2 minutes I could stand it), with HORRIBLE picture quality, and one of the WORST sound quality you can imagine.
One would imagine that in the time between the uplink and the actual availability there would be quality tests and calibrations. Doesn't seem so... They could have uplinked and made available the same day!

You are 100% right...

I can understand the decision of using a Weather station that covers the Caribbean, after all Dish has customers all around the islands. BUT, it is a badly produced channel (judging by the 2 minutes I could stand it), with HORRIBLE picture quality, and one of the WORST sound quality you can imagine.
One would imagine that in the time between the uplink and the actual availability there would be quality tests and calibrations. Doesn't seem so... They could have uplinked and made available the same day!

Does it look any better on another provider? It could just be a poorly produced channel.

so its the same channel then?

the guys in Erie, PA dressing in hawaiian shirts etc and doing the weather for Puerto Rico/USVI?

This channel is SOOOO BAD!!!!!!!! That it requires laughing.

I just tuned to it and the weather report was "Puerto Rico looking clear today"...

DON'T EVER trust your weather to people that don't even live near where they are supposedly reporting!!! :haha :haha

It's been, for the most part of the day, cloudy with scattered showers. I even got drenched coming out of church without an umbrella this morning!!!

Accuweather, Yahoo, Weather Bug and the Weather Channel ALL report cloudy, and most of them, with isolated or scattered showers!

So I don't know if I will be trusting these guys anytime soon.

Anyway, islandwide forecasts are just plain silly and worthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts