New channels coming

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Beside the channels getting jockyed around on basic here's what they said would be added here in Harrisonburg VA:
698 WSLS-NBC
699 WRC-NBC
700 WTVR-CBS
701 WRIC-ABC
702 WWBT-NBC
What the hell do we need 4 NBC channels for even if they are HD, the only time this would be any good is if they broadcast programs at different time slots other than the the national schedule?

Well they added the new channels this morning, what they had in mind-----who knows. If this is the begining of them keeping up with the competition then they should throw the towel in now.Not only are the channels in the HD line up, they are duplicate national broadcast of networks that we already have, and to top it off they are broadcast in 480i.

We here in Seattle are finally getting the act too! On Nov. 1 we're getting NFL HD, then on Dec.1 we're getting National Geo HD, USA, TBS, History Channels in HD. Then in Jan. we're getting 6 more. Rep told me to put in my request as they haven't decided on those yet. I requested Scifi for sure, also put in for the all the new premium movie channels too along with TWC.

Finally!!!!!!:hungry:

Eric

Beside the channels getting jockyed around on basic here's what they said would be added here in Harrisonburg VA:
698 WSLS-NBC
699 WRC-NBC
700 WTVR-CBS
701 WRIC-ABC
702 WWBT-NBC
What the hell do we need 4 NBC channels for even if they are HD, the only time this would be any good is if they broadcast programs at different time slots other than the the national schedule?

Without knowing the local specifics, I can say that adding three NBC HD feeds is one of the silliest things I've ever seen a cable company do.

Without knowing the local specifics, I can say that adding three NBC HD feeds is one of the silliest things I've ever seen a cable company do.

Your telling me!! We already had WVIR which is NBC and to add 3 more I just don't understand. Maybe if they were NYC, San Fransico (still would not understand the need) there would be some reason for it. In the letter they sent they mentioned that is was the begining of the big upgrade, roll out that will finish in the winter of 2008. If this is any sign of what is to happen----well I can't image the end results and don't want too :(:p:(:p:(:p:(:p:(:eek:

Your telling me!! We already had WVIR which is NBC and to add 3 more I just don't understand. Maybe if they were NYC, San Fransico (still would not understand the need) there would be some reason for it. In the letter they sent they mentioned that is was the begining of the big upgrade, roll out that will finish in the winter of 2008. If this is any sign of what is to happen----well I can't image the end results and don't want too :(:p:(:p:(:p:(:p:(:eek:

These kinds of additions would only make sense to me if you were in the middle of some sports markets, and they were say the local CBS and FOX stations, so you could see all the games of those area teams (NFL). But NBC has virtually no regional sports, except for NHL I think.

WEIRD!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts