New channels look bad!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only PQ problem that I have seen on some of the new SD channels is a result as far as I can see is the originating signal not being quite up to snuff in the first place. Whether or not it's in the C band signal or however they are recieving the feed I think a few of these new channels are starting out with bad PQ to start with.

ECK27 said:
... i orderd voom for better pq and more HD.At the moment they are delivering niether.

I can see you fustration with th PQ at this time, but don't say that they don't have more HD.

I am getting blocky SD channels, noticeable on a 36" analog TV... I hope this is just in anticipation of Rainbow-2's bigger space...because as of right now the PQ sucks on some channels. I also really think its dumb to make 6 SD channels VVV only.

barth2k said:
And seriously, was anybody begging for Fox Movies?
Yes. Last night, they showed Five Fingers, War of the Roses, and the King and I. This morning, they showed My Cousin Rachel. I hate liking anything associated with Fox, but the Fox Movie Channel is pretty good.

PQ is in the eye of the beholder, if you like it, fine, I don't. All channels have gone downhill since the encoders went active. I have to wonder if they are even tweaking. As mentioned, how long does it take? I know it's a balancing act but damn, they should not add more channels if they don't have the bandwidth. Voom is becoming just another Joe 6 Pack provider.

Experiencing the same problems with all of the channels, HD or SD. Ever since they moved to the Harmonic Encoders, the picture has been bad. Before I had to look for pixelation now it's just so obvious. Quality over quantity, please.

Also, the reason we subscribed was because of HD. Where is ESPN2 HD and Fox Regional Sports HD?

Onay,
Perhaps your set is more prone to pixelation problems.

Darrel,
Have you EVER been happy with your PQ? Not that I can recall in the yr that I've been reading stuff here.

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)