New Channels

dantheman77

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
How often though does Charter add new HD channels as compared to other cable companies and both DBS companies? It seems to me that if you have an HD TV, satellite is the place to be.

howard tv only on cable. also love the vod. have no idea how often other cable companies add/

M

MLBurks

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 8, 2004
Huntingdon TN
howard tv only on cable. also love the vod. have no idea how often other cable companies add/

Don't care for Howard TV, would love VOD IF it was offered in my area. And they have no plans of offering where I live anytime soon. They told me "it's not popular enough to spend the money to offer it in this area". Whatever.:mad:

charlesrshell

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Don't care for Howard TV, would love VOD IF it was offered in my area. And they have no plans of offering where I live anytime soon. They told me "it's not popular enough to spend the money to offer it in this area". Whatever.:mad:

We sure miss Howard TV that we had on cable. Wish Dish TV would get it.

P

popweaverhdtv

Sep 12, 2007
Hopefully CT will get some new HD soon. How did you hear about that?

I had an EPG Message and got a mailing saying these channels were being added and a couple of others being migrated to digital (C-SPAN2 and INSP).

P

popweaverhdtv

Sep 12, 2007
Every 6 months, if not even more.
They are slow, they are the worst cable company out there.

Yeah, it was 9 1/2 months before the latest HD channel adds on Wed. (8/13). I can only watch so many procedural repeats on TNT and A&E. If there's any silver lining to Charter, they're beginning to add more of the mainstream cable nets (i.e. Discovery HD, TLC HD, TBS HD). That's a very thin silver lining, though.

M

mws192

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 30, 2007
I noticed that TBS-HD is now live on the Newtown system, ch 796.