NEW COMPLAINT THREAD: DISH Network is, hands down, the leader in HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well...they did need a legitimate news channel to add too their HD only pak. They also need a kids channel as well which may explain some recent 'testing' mentioned in the pub. So this addition may be geared to just flesh out the base HDonly offering...

but none-the-less I can't say i'm thrilled about it...

(or maybe its just for the election coverage?)

I dont know... we dont need another thread just endless bashing E*.. I apologize because it was inevitable this thread go that direction. My may point is how rediculous that statement is and how marketing people can try and spin something they dont have any business spinning. It was intended to be funny :(

More rediculous statements:

"New York State is, Hand Down, the leader in responsible spending and low taxes"
"Soccer is,Hands Down, the most exciting sport there is"
"Pitbulls are, hands down, the friendliest pets there are"

"The food item below is, hands down, the most healthy thing you can eat"

100_4017_000.JPG

I say, lets have some fun of this... complete your own hands down. Can we be funny?

I'm up for some fun---
The SF Giants are, hands down, the front runners for a World Series championship in '08

Brussel Sprouts are , hands down, the favorite after school snack for 10 year olds everywhere

Rosie O'Donnell is, hands down, the most common subject of American male sexual fantasies:eek::eek::eek:

...More rediculous statements:

"Soccer is,Hands Down, the most exciting sport there is"
"Pitbulls are, hands down, the friendliest pets there are"...

I don't think the above two statements are rediculous at all. How much do you want to bet after a well orchestrated globle survey, each of the above may be agreeable by the majority?

As far as that 10 channels, technically if DISH adds one every 25 days they would have fulfilled their pledge. That way it will be just in time to raise the price of the HD-Only pack so the rest of the new HD's can then be added.

Sorry folks, could not resist...

From the April newsletter:

"DISH Network is, hands down, the leader in HD! Only DISH Network has the HD DVR that earned the CNet Editors Choice. When you add the most popular HD channels, no other HD experience comes close to dishHD! "

February 2008 DISH eNewsletter

Well there ya go. Stop your whinning! Dish is "hands down" the best in HD.

Man, will you just go ahead and switch to Direct already.......please...

I think the reason they claim they are the best is for a person who are looking for a sat provider who do not do research but looks for who has the cheapest upfront cost, looking at the statement helps since that person does not know any better.

if you do not do the comparison test between the 2 sat companies and go by statement alone, then you just will not know any better. The average person do not know any better.

So did everyone notice that we should be watching "for announcements all year long that may include these great channels:

The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
SCI-FI (???)
Tennis Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
USA Network HD and VH-1 HD"

Oh the humanity...

Which lead us to play that all-time game show favorite, "Find The Operative Word!"

This year DISH Network will have >>>up to<<< 100 HD Channels! Watch for announcements all year long that >>>may<<< include these great channels:

The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
SCI-FI
Tennis Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
USA Network HD and VH-1 HD

(OK, "up to" is actually two words, don't flame me)

I'm personally expecting HHS-HD before the end of the year. Ah, the Baltimore Flu epidemic in HD fifteen times daily!

Man, will you just go ahead and switch to Direct already.......please...

You obviously missed the intent of what I was trying to do, and that was trying to have fun. That intent has long been ruined. Adding "Complaint Thread" to the title didnt help at all. That was a DBSTalk move. If the mods intend for this to now be a complaint thread please remove or consolidate with the other complain thread.

Yep Comcast is the hands down leader in HD. no body does HD better than comcast. (from a recent comcast ad)

What does it mean to be the HD leader???

I saw this ad last night. If you read the fine print on it, it was claiming the most HD on-demand. Funny what you can say as long as the fine print is accurate. :)

Yep Comcast is the hands down leader in HD. no body does HD better than comcast. (from a recent comcast ad)

What does it mean to be the HD leader???

very legitimate question...and in Dish's defense, leader does not necessarily mean always having the greatest amount of HD content, although I do understand how people could take it that way (especially those who are looking for an increase to the amount of HD content they currently provide).

The true sense of the word leader is having the ability to "navigate in the choppy waters of change". A leader also inspires others to follow. From that perspective, you could say that Dish has been and perhaps still is the leader in HD (which is probably why they are making this claim). Dish was the "leader" in quantity of HD channels and while this inspired others to follow (and temporarily exceed them), Dish was also looking ahead to becoming a leader in HD "innovation" with their DVR.

At the end of the day, every company will define the term "leader" in a way that will highlight their own services and needs over their competitors. The confusion (and perceived dishonesty) with these type of statements is usually a result of people defining the terms in a way that is not consistent with those who are using them (why do politicians come to mind, :D).

I don't think the above two statements are rediculous at all. How much do you want to bet after a well orchestrated globle survey, each of the above may be agreeable by the majority?
-snip-

I note you inserted the phrase "well orchestrated" because you'd need to cut out about 75% of the world's population to get agreement with both those statements.

Which lead us to play that all-time game show favorite, "Find The Operative Word!"

This year DISH Network will have >>>up to<<< 100 HD Channels! Watch for announcements all year long that >>>may<<< include these great channels:

The Biography Channel HD
Cartoon Network HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
SCI-FI
Tennis Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
USA Network HD and VH-1 HD

(OK, "up to" is actually two words, don't flame me)

I'm personally expecting HHS-HD before the end of the year. Ah, the Baltimore Flu epidemic in HD fifteen times daily!

You left out the most important operative word: "announcements". "Yea, we'll announce we'd like to carry these".

Sorry folks, could not resist...

From the April newsletter:

"DISH Network is, hands down, the leader in HD! Only DISH Network has the HD DVR that earned the CNet Editors Choice. When you add the most popular HD channels, no other HD experience comes close to dishHD! "

February 2008 DISH eNewsletter

Well there ya go. Stop your whinning! Dish is "hands down" the best in HD.
I think it all depends on what your definition of is is.

I use that line of reasoning all the time:

Hey, baby! My salary is up to $4,000,000 a year and if you come home with me tonight you may be satisfied! :D

Well I guess If Dish word Soon is oky to state that soon Dish will add more HD programs than saying that Dish is the HD leader; is not out of the question. or is it too soon to ask??

Last edited:
Never seen so many folks who bitch and complain about television. It's tv folks, there has to be more to life.

Never seen so many folks who bitch and complain about television. It's tv folks, there has to be more to life.
The worst thing lately has been the never ending whining, wait or switch:mad:
The second annoying thing is those who say "it's only TV", no sh*t. Thats why we are here.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)