New Customer Agreement

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So other than just a bitter former sub, what's your point? It says that if you cancel and owe them money they will charge the card.

This surely saves a decent amount in letting the amount sit there and then passing it to a collections service.

(c) Our Cancellation. We may cancel your Service at any time if you fail to pay amounts owing to us when due, subject to any grace periods, or breach any other material provision of this Agreement, or act abusively toward our staff. In such case, you will still be responsible for payment of all outstanding balances accrued through that effective date, including the deactivation fee described in Section 2.

Emphasis added. I wonder what brought this part about.

I guess that would be one way of getting your service cancelled.

Wow thats interesting. So you get so mad on a phone call and use bad words to a CSR, they have right to cancel you.

Many help desks have provisions like this. The one I worked on about a decade ago did. You had to put up with a lot but if the customer got abusive, name calling or started cussing at your personally then you had the right to tell them to call back when they calm down and hang up on them.

Of course you better also note that on the call ticket and inform management right away so you can prove it. I had a guy like that once, thought he was all that because he was a director and was really laying into me. I told him to call back later and hung up on him. I knew he'd be calling back right away so I immediately went to my managers office and told her about it. She asked the name and when she heard it she rolled her eyes and said she'd take care of him. I guess this guy *always* copped an attitude any time he called. :)

or act abusively toward our staff.

Wow thats interesting. So you get so mad on a phone call and use bad words to a CSR, they have right to cancel you.

I'd like to see how this would hold up if push came to shove.

I doubt that they would actually turn off your service for being rude, perticularly if you are in good standing financially with D*

Jimbo

What comments were edited out 7 hours after the original post and after Elstevo replied to it? Wonder if THAT had something to do with it; too bad Elstevo did not quote or we could all judge it based on its content rather that jump to conclusions.

okay, a few weeks ago when retention was dicking me around.....one csr i spoke with who was reading me lies, just about got anal when i was close to using colorful language. i believe she said she wouldn't continue the conversation or something.

i cooled dowm but i then asked to allow me to talk to a supervisor. the supervisor was very nice and apologetic for what happened.

What comments were edited out 7 hours after the original post and after Elstevo replied to it? Wonder if THAT had something to do with it; too bad Elstevo did not quote or we could all judge it based on its content rather that jump to conclusions.

Im not sure what was edited (probably just BB code to make the text bold) but i responded to what is currently in the post, a 1-liner and a link.

I apologize for my tone, as a first post it would have been better to perhaps pose a question to make your point instead of just a link to something and allowing for an inerpretation to be made. Just looked very spammy and it is not my job to police or point out such things other than the little mod alert button (which i did not use) so for that again I do apologize.

I don't have problems with D*'s policy, they have plenty of vague things in there to help cover all of the bases, so nothing I read after the link was surprising to me really and I assume you'd been burnt by them for something and came to rant/troll about it.

What would make for good conversation is if there are really many differences at all between D*, E*, FIOS or whomever else has a contract.

Again I apologize, I had people being mean for the sake of being mean on forums like anyone else, and sorry if I was seen as that person.

- Stevo

Again I apologize, I had people being mean for the sake of being mean on forums like anyone else, and sorry if I was seen as that person.

- Stevo

Thank you for the apology and I apoligize also. I hope we can still be friends.
I am very limited on what I can post and I apoligize the post was vague.

My first post and someone has to be rude. If you don't get the point then I'm sorry for you. I will never post again!

Welcome. Don't let the few speak for the majority here.

My first post and someone has to be rude. If you don't get the point then I'm sorry for you. I will never post again!

Sorry Sheila, I got to you second. Welcome again and please do not take that post as typical. Its usually pretty fun around and informative. So shrug it off and keep posting. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)