New CW Network HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Has anyone got any advance news if DTV is going to be carring the New CW Network that is going to replace the WB and UPN Networks? I know that it is going to be broadcast in HD. Currently DTV is only offering the major 4 networks in HD.

What has me wondering, is that if they drop all the WB & UPN stations, and replace them with the New CW that should leave them is bandwidth to work with on the KU sats. If the CW is put on the Ka spots, that means that bandwidth now free could be used for National HD feeds. That might mean we could see some more national HD feeds like HGTV HD, Food TV HD, Outdoor Channel 2 HD, National Geographic Channel HD, etc.

Well the change over is suppose to take place on Sept 20th, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
No new HD anytime soon............ON D* anyway
although new stations are popping up on a monthly basis in HD, we get Nothing!

rkr0923 said:
Do we have to start complaining about that again, we all know that D* has sat's that need to go up and be working before we get much more HD.....

Patience ........

Jimbo

Just because the wb and upn stations are becoming the cw does not mean any extra space will be freed up. Most of those stations will become independents or part of the my network from fox, so direct will still have to carry them in every market perhaps not in hd but still in the sd local packages.

rkr0923 said:

Since the CW is a local, I would expect them to show up as an HD-LIL station in those markets in which D* is currently serving the networks in MPEG-4 this fall. As others have stated, it appears this process is already underway in some markets. I wouldn't expect a national HD channel though. Serving local RSNs and networks in HD is all that D* can do now with its Spaceway birds to distinguish itself from E* so I would expect them to push this advantage.

rkr0923 said:
Patience ........LOL, that's a good one
Been saying this all along,
D* told everyone what thier plans were and many are aware of them while others just can't seem to get past the we want it now stage...

Without boards like these NO ONE would have any idea what D* was up to, like
99 % of their subs, mostly SD subs...

I said long ago that I understand that they have a plan to launch 4 sat's and when they are done, and they are operational, then I will look at the programming available and see how it stacks up against the programming that I am looking for.

Keep in mine that everyone programming expectations are differnt according to what you need ....

Patience ..... it will work in the long run. :)

Jimbo

The New CW Network Page

Here is the link to the New CW Network

http://www.cwtv.com/

They say on the site that it will be a HD Network. We still have not heard how DTV will handle the change over.

Here in Dallas/Ft. Worth, channel 27 is the new "MyNetwork TV" channel, yet it's on the LIL on 27. I don't see anything for channel 33 which is currently the WB (turning into the CW in September). 33 HD is still strictly OTA. Anyone have any info on that?

-Antwan L.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts