New CW schedules two rookies, "Everwood" axed

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
New CW schedules two rookies, "Everwood" axed

By Nellie Andreeva Wed May 17, 3:01 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The CW network will look like the sum of its parts when the successor of the soon-to-be-defunct UPN and WB launches in the fall with a mix of holdovers and just two new offerings.

UPN's "Veronica Mars" and the WB's "One Tree Hill" made the cut at the CW, but the WB's family drama "Everwood" did not.
Full Article

DANG IT!!! I am very glad that One Tree Hill made the cut. When I heard that it was going to be made to draw in the young crowd I figured One Tree Hill would make the cut. I have been hearing that Reba is getting axed and I noticed on the Season Finale episode that they had the music play for a lot longer and showed it as if it would be the last episode with the memories of the show while it was on. Why do they have to cut the good shows for? This sucks! Maybe another channel will pickup some of the shows. With 7th Heaven gone now and Everwood and Reba going byebye there just dont seem to be much left from where there was a year ago.

Stick a fork in me too (over Everwood getting cancelled). I doubt another network will pickup that show.

I read on another thread where they ordered 13 new episodes of 7th Heaven. I wonder how they will get around that "Countdown to Goodbye" that they had for the final episode to come back and start again. Maybe 7th Heaven New Beginnings or something?

Reba wasn't cancelled. The CW ordered 13 episodes after they realized they'ed have to pay a $20 million termination fee otherwise.

GeorgeLV said:
Reba wasn't cancelled. The CW ordered 13 episodes after they realized they'ed have to pay a $20 million termination fee otherwise.

Yeah, stick it to the CW. :D You can tell I'm HIGHLY! bitter about Everwood. It was ONE of the best (family) dramas EVER! Don't mean to derail, call me girly my fellow Everwood lovers, but I find myself crying a lot these past episodes. :)

Stargazer said:
Stick a fork in me too (over Everwood getting cancelled). I doubt another network will pickup that show.

I read on another thread where they ordered 13 new episodes of 7th Heaven. I wonder how they will get around that "Countdown to Goodbye" that they had for the final episode to come back and start again. Maybe 7th Heaven New Beginnings or something?

Well, stargazer, at least I will still have the OC to comfort me [knock on wood] (knowing FOX's track record). :D Anyone want to take a gues before how long Prison Break gets cancelled ' . '

Walter L. said:
No Supernatural? :mad:

Read again....;)

"Also moving to the new network are UPN comedies "Girlfriends," "Everybody Hates Chris" and "All of Us," and WB dramas "Smallville," "Supernatural" and "Gilmore Girls," with veteran "7th Heaven" expected to join the group pending the completion of new deals with the cast."

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Read again....;)

"Also moving to the new network are UPN comedies "Girlfriends," "Everybody Hates Chris" and "All of Us," and WB dramas "Smallville," "Supernatural" and "Gilmore Girls," with veteran "7th Heaven" expected to join the group pending the completion of new deals with the cast."

NightRyder
Sorry. I didn't read the full article... just the post here. Thanks God!!! Supernatural is the only show I watch on the 2 channels combined.

Walter L. said:
Thanks God!!! Supernatural is the only show I watch on the 2 channels combined.

Same here. Supposedly they have a 5 year story arc in mind, sorta like B-5, hope they get to play it out.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)